Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stop Gmail sending company email to spam

Options
  • 03-05-2019 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭

Gmail keeps sending work emails to spam

Does anyone know how can I set it up that all emails from the organisational email don't go to the spam folder?

Not a specific email, all emails that contain for example @workorganisation.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

I tried creating a filter and if you don't mind the "do not send to spam" is missing

The mail's are forwarded from my outlook email so I have go into the contacts in outlook and added @workorganisarion as a contact

Let's see if it works

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Are you physically moving the e-mails from spam to another folder? Or do you first press the 'not spam' button.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

The filter is visible in my gmail at the moment.
    So I created one there

1) Go to gmail on the web browser.
    2)Click on the Settings "Cog" near the top right, to bring up the settings page
    3) Click on Filters and Blocked Addresses
    4) Click Create a new filter
    5) Put in your From as "*@workorganisation.ie"
    6) Click on Create Filter.
    7) The next, resulting page is titled "When a message arrives that matches this search:"
    Select "Never send it to Spam"
    8) Click again on Create Filter

I have clicked not spam on the previous emails and all still get sent there

I tried as you outlined Ressem. I tried desktop mode via browser and nothing

Are you using a desktop or laptop out of interest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

I have clicked not spam on the previous emails and all still get sent there

I tried as you outlined Ressem. I tried desktop mode via browser and nothing

Are you using a desktop or laptop out of interest?

It's a laptop.

edit..
    hmm, if you use it on a small screen 1366x768, then the second "Create filter" button is hidden, and no scroll-bar shown to allow access. Needed to use "Ctrl -" to zoom out on the web page.

I used Puffin Browser and it brought me to teh proper desktop site and was able follow your directions, thanks Ressem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Your work email may not bet setup correctly. Use the tools here https://mxtoolbox.com to see if something is misconfigured. I'd also analyse an email header as maybe your work SPF is not setup or a sending server is blacklisted.

Advertisement