Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours wifi wrecking my signal (I think)

Options
  • 03-05-2019 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭

So a few days ago my wifi became very unstable. Signal fluctuating in strength and dropping completely at times. Internet works fine over ethernet. I noticed a new wifi connection in the list of those around me. I downkoaded a wifi analyzer app and it says that this Sky wifi is broadcasting on various channels. Another tab in the app specified channels 6 and 11 but it's also reported a third channel at times. That can't be right can it? See pic.
    479363.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sky Q mesh network. It'll do that by design.

2.4 is coming close to unusable in some areas. Move to 5Ghz and if that causes range issues add another access point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

ED E wrote: »
    Sky Q mesh network. It'll do that by design.

2.4 is coming close to unusable in some areas. Move to 5Ghz and if that causes range issues add another access point.

Thanks Ed. I'll switch to 5 and see how things work.

Advertisement