Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Research Assistant (Engineering)

Options
  • 03-05-2019 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi,

I have an interview next week for a Research Assistant role in the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering in UCD. I am unfamiliar with this type of role and was wondering if anyone could give me some information about it.

I have a Masters Degree in Electronic Engineering and have been working in industry on and off for the past 4-5 years. Although I've been working in industry, I'm quite an academic person and have some experience working in an academic research environment, namely a research internship I did during my undergrad.

I'm quite interested in the role but am concerned about a few things, namely that I might end up working in isolation for 2 years and that I might, if I decide to, have a hard time moving back into industry after it.

If anyone has worked in this type of job before I would greatly appreciate your feedback and feelings about it.

Cheers,
    Tony

Advertisement