Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad odour on Tuam Road

Options
  • 04-05-2019 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

There is a bad odour around the junction near Flemings garage on the Tuam Road. It's smells like a combination of halitosis and creosote. I pass through this junction on the way to and from work every day and it is noticeable in the evenings. Has anyone else noticed this?

Comments

kevin65 wrote: »
    There is a bad odour around the junction near Flemings garage on the Tuam Road. It's smells like a combination of halitosis and creosote. I pass through this junction on the way to and from work every day and it is noticeable in the evenings. Has anyone else noticed this?

Supermacs

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

kevin65 wrote: »

Any factories nearby that could be causing pollution?

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭kevin65

Thats what I'm thinking but cant think of any industrial unit around there unless it is wafting across from the Ballybane industrial estate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

There are a few engineering firms around there.
    Used to always be a smell of cut steel around every few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭kevin65

Cut steel has a distinctive smell but its not like this smell and its there almost every day during the week. Don't know about weekends.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Might be painting the fences with creosote.
    They used to do that around the whole of Mervue business park.

Advertisement