Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract cancelled with Eir

Options
  • 04-05-2019 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have cancelled my Services provided by Eir on 3rd April. This includes broadband,landline and mobile phone. Yesterday, I got an email welcoming me to my new mobile 12 month contract. When I enquirer about this I was talking to Oshin and he kindly cancelled this new contract as I have 18 days cooling period. He suggested going to an Eir shop to be 100% sure this process had been completed. When I asked about all my Eir cancellations I was told that my landline was still active and now instead of 75 I have to pay €87.77 a month.
    I have tried to cancel this too but it seems impossible and I am also going to be charged apparently for this service for the month of May. After spending more than 6 hours on the phone I have lost the will to continue with this battle.
    How can I listen to my I initial recorded conversation and who am I going to make responsible for this messed up. I am most certainly not going to pay for a mistake somebody else has made and I will not continue waistline my time. 6 hours is enough

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

Report the issue to Comreg.

https://www.comreg.ie/queries-complaints/internet/how-to-make-a-complaint/

Also Conor Pope in the Irish Times has covered complaint issues with Eir and other providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Whamjam

Contact ComReg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Don't waste any more time on the phone or going to their shop. Make a formal complaint to ccm@eir.ie with all the details.
    If (when) they haven't responded within 10 working days, contact Comreg who will prompt Eir to deal with your complaint.

https://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/109349389

Get your bank to block any direct debits. Even if they do take a payment you can get it reversed anyway.

If it gets to a he said, she said debate, just make a SAR under GDPR to get all details they hold on file about you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 The Protector

Whamjam wrote: »
    Contact ComReg

COMREG are as useful as an ashtray on a bicycle

• Registered Users Posts: 2 The Protector

Sue them. Even better make a data protection request. You will be very suprised what appears .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

COMREG are as useful as an ashtray on a bicycle

And Your basis for this comment is? Sorry, I cannot agree with You for one moment. I also had issues with Eir a few years ago. Got in touch with Comreg, problem was solved within 7 days, in fact Eir ( I think it was Eircom then ) dropped the claim.

Cannot sing Comreg's praises highly enough!:)

Advertisement