Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First mortgage payment

Options
  • 04-05-2019 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi

Is the first mortgage payment date exactly one month after drawdown or after closing?

E.g. if the mortgage was drawndown on 5th of May, does that mean that the first mortgage payment comes out of your account on the 5th of June?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Hi

Is the first mortgage payment date exactly one month after drawdown or after closing?

After drawdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Why are you starting another thread to ask the same question?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Buying house2020

tedpan wrote: »
    Why are you starting another thread to ask the same question?

I wanted clearer answers to my question.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭C3PO

I wanted clearer answers to my question.

Then why not ask your mortgage provider ... the only place that you'll get a "clear" answer!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,069 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

E.g. if the mortgage was drawndown on 5th of May, does that mean that the first mortgage payment comes out of your account on the 5th of June?

It's actually usually up to you. You can arrange for the first to be any date you want. You can even arrange for the first payment to be 5 weeks, 6 weeks or even two months after drawdown. This obviously needs to be arranged in advance.

• Advertisement

C3PO wrote: »
    Then why not ask your mortgage provider ... the only place that you'll get a "clear" answer!

They won't be back in the office until Tuesday🙂! Thanks for your concern🙂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

They won't be back in the office until Tuesday🙂! Thanks for your concern🙂

What repayment date did you put on the application?

amcalester wrote: »
    What repayment date did you put on the application?

I spent all day yesterday looking through all the documentation and on the dd mandate it there is no section to put a date, I heard nothing from the bank since then. I'll contact Tuesday but a bit worried I don't have a date.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Some banks start exactly 1 month after drawdown (and can do it any day). Some banks debit on 4 specific days a month only. Some banks debit on one day per month.

Advertisement