Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarm panic button randomly triggering

Options
  • 04-05-2019 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hi there

I have a HKC alarm system and twice in the last week the alarm has gone off by itself, with the panel stating that the panic button triggered when nobody pressed it. We have a fob for the alarm and I was wondering if a low battery could cause it or if it's likely to be something else.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If the battery is low it should display that. What zone number is showing?
    Have you also got a wired or wireless panic button?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭dubdev

KoolKid wrote: »
    If the battery is low it should display that. What zone number is showing?
    Have you also got a wired or wireless panic button?

On the alarm panel it says it's the wired panic button beside the front door.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'd check the wiring first. If nothing obvious disconnect it and close off the connecting pair.

Advertisement