Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Make hotel booking using other address

Options
  • 04-05-2019 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Bare with me on this as I probably won't explain it to well.:D

If you wanted to stay more often in local hotels but for privacy purposes wanted to keep you own address private when booking, can you use some one elses's but, genuine address to do this, or does it have to be the address that the card was issued to.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Whoever is handling the payment must be able to know the card billing address.

You can get prepaid cards that allow faked billing addresses, I believe the An Post PostFX cards can do this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Use hotels.com they don't ask for a billing address when paying.

I believe that when you're asked for a billing address it's not related to the payment aspect of the situation. All that matters on the payment side of things is that your card details are correct.

The address isn't tied to the car on the forms you fill in online. Just go ahead and book using 123, O Connell St. Dublin and you'll see it won't stop you from booking.

Can I ask what the concern is, out of curiousity? Presumably if you're cheating on the partner, a hotel is not going to give your details out to anyone who comes asking (so if the person you're with tries to get your 'real' info from reception, they're unlikely to give it over? I can't think of any situation where an address would come up in normal conversation in a hotel setting? So it would immediately look odd if someone asked for that info?).

Advertisement