Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Credit Card

• 05-05-2019 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hey People,
    Just wondering. Should I sign up for an Aer Lingus credit card? I've been looking at the site, and I'm not entirely sure I understand it.
    Representative example of Aer Credit Card purchase at standard interest rate of 16.12% variable. Typical Annual Percentage Rate (APR) of 26.6% variable including annual Government Stamp Duty of €30 and an Annual charge of €95.88 (this is made up of 12 monthly charges of €7.99). Assuming purchase of €3,000 repaid in equal instalments over a 12 month period. The total amount repayable by customer is €3,387.90 which includes initial purchase of €3,000 and a total cost of credit of €387.90.

I understand the monthly fee of 7.99, to keep the account open. I understand the government stamp duty. What I want to know is, if I pay for more or less everything using the aer credit card, but pay it off online (transferring from my bank's current account to the credit card) every day whenever I get home from work, do I still get charged extra? So if I spend say 15 euro a day, come home, transfer the 15, is that my total cost (along with the monthly 7.99 plus yearly stamp duty)? I thought interest wasn't charged unless you went the month without paying back whatever you owed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I thought interest wasn't charged unless you went the month without paying back whatever you owed.

Which is correct. So why are you clearing individual transactions on a daily basis? You're probably racking up current account charges in doing so and it's a complete waste of time.

You have about 3 weeks to pay off the monthly bill before any interest is added, the date is shown in the bill. Clear the balance by the date shown and you pay no interest.

Advertisement