Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Non book readers" - Season 8 Episode 4 "The Last of the S" - Spoilers post 2 fo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

PressRun wrote: »
    I just can't stand Euron. They've obviously just been trying to fill the one-dimensional villain role since Joffrey died. First they tried it with Ramsay and now this guy. He's just so predictable. I actually don't even think there'll be any satisfaction in seeing him killed, he's that tedious. I didn't get any enjoyment in seeing him take out a dragon tbh.

Imo that was the dumbest reason to kill the night king, even though he had no real character development but at least he had screen presence. Euron locked up Yara who was then rescued and threw Balon off a bridge. Definitely was a character who's name I forgot with the break between the last 2 seasons.
    Ramsay Snow like Joffrey was a great b@stard villain as he had seasons to build up his character to his eventual demise; Euron showed up late in season 6 & the height of his villainy this season was killing a dragon and riding Cersei. Honestly someone like Bronn would be better in his role as at least viewers care about him over the length of the entire series but apparently IRL he doesn't get along with Lena Hedley at all :rolleyes:
    Plus his relationship with Jaime would make it more interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Where do I even begin with this utter mess.

• Ramsey's 20 good men had nothing on Euron's 20 good boats, able to avoid detection from airborne dragons and a woman actively surveying the landscape by hiding behind a small piece of rock. Then firing 3 critical hit arrows at a dragon from behind that rock that they surely couldn't see over at a far away quickly moving target, on an unstable firing platform! Then, to make it even better, they miss what seems like 10 arrows at the bigger dragon right in front of them. They must have read the script and seen that Drogon needed to live, so they missed. They then decimate Dany's fleet, for the LOLs.
    • Convenient how this is the first time since the opening scene that Jon has ridden a horse. I guess they needed him on the horse so they could kill off the dragon! Would have been a bit awks if he was on the dragon like he has been since half way through episode 1. RIP Rhaegal, strong enough to take down an undead dragon, killed during a surprise attack by evil Jack Sparrow.
    • Dan and Dave said in the inside the episode "while Dany kinda forgot about the iron fleet and Euron's forces" - What the absolute f*ck is this nonsense. They just discussed them in like the last scene. How do you forget about an entire fleet who has defeated you repeatedly before?!? Whoopsie Rhaegal, I just forgot! Sorry!
    • Remarkable how the Targaryens even managed to conquer Westeros with dragons before, considering how easily they are picked off. Aren't they lucky that Qyburn wasn't around then or they wouldn't have lasted a week.
    • Seeing as people know what Arya is capable of, why hasn't anyone made her integral to the plot of killing Cersei? Considering they want to just siege the city initially, why not just send Arya in. You have established that she can sneak past hordes of people, wear faces to disguise her identity and kill main characters with ease. Just wait outside and let Arya do it!
    • How about asking Bran to warg into some crows and scout ahead? Hey Bran, we are having this big war council meeting, would you mind doing the only thing you are good for to see what we are up against and if any surprises lie in store? Doing so would virtually assure our victory. Nah, every character is an idiot now.
    • And on Arya, how comical is it that she almost hits Gendry with an arrow to begin their scene? Every scene with Arya must be written with her key character trait on display. Arya = badass.
    • What was the point of the Bronn scene? What a bloody disaster. Cersei promises him riches if he kills Tyrion and Jaime. Tyrion and Jaime offer to double it as we knew they would. They don't die via Bronn's hand as everybody expected. There is no tension at all! Why not just kill Bronn off last season when Dany attacked the Lannister army! Speaking of, did he just walk into Winterfell carrying a crossbow like an idiot? Lucky he knew everyone in the show are idiots now or he might not have made it!
    • Why does Dany say that Cersei is growing stronger? She isn't going to grow any stronger. She has hit her peak in terms of army and support. It's literally just Cersei, Euron and the Golden Company. SHe has no other lords or lands supporting her. They even say Dany has the support of Dorne! Dany has everything to gain from waiting and everything to lose by quickly attacking for no reason. Dany is the one who will grow stronger by waiting. But of course, shes an idiot now.
    • Why wouldn't Cersei just kill Dany, Tyrion, Grey Worm, Varys and the 40 unsullied, the dragon who dies with 3 shots of the ballista that they have like 10 of on the wall. She didn't help them against the dead, we have established that she does not keep her word. For her not to kill them all is actually against her character!
    • Why did the exterior of Kings Landing look like the exterior of Qarth? What a joke.
    • Why would Euron not react to Tyrion knowing Cersei is pregnant? She just told him 5 minutes ago. How would Tyrion possibly know that information. Nope, Euron needs to be an idiot in this scene, that's what the script says.
    • I like how Jon doesn't even pet the direwolf that has been his most loyal companion for years and GUARDED HIS DEAD BODY. Gilly gets a warm hug ?!?! Ghost gets a gaze.
    • Tyrion laughing about Tysha as part of a drinking game. HAHA Jaime I had a wife before Sansa LOL. What a disaster of a moment.
    • I love the camera cuts this episode. Sansa and Arya about to hear about Jons parentage in what should be a pivotal moment. CUT AWAY. Sansa about to tell Tyrion about Jons parentage, screw what surely would have been a great scene, lets CUT AWAY. Off screen reactions to the biggest revelation in series history is tight!
    • It's a good job that Euron knew how much everyone liked Missandei. Hmm. Wait.. How did he know that? How did he know who she was?
    • When they are knocking pieces off the board in the war chamber and they are knocking off half the dothraki and unsullied - what? did they not die? how did they survive? there seemed to be like 10 people left fighting inside the castle. Maybe they were sneaking around the library like Arya.
    • Dany going full mad queen is so rushed and the only thing from before this season that anybody could point to is the burning of the Tarlys. Could they not have set it up a little more if they knew it was going to be the endgame of the show?

What a complete and utter disaster this show has become. Completely ruined at this point. In before any combination of - Nerd! Wierdo! You believe in dragons but you don't believe in X?! It's hipster to dislike something popular!

No, it's just terrible television and a sad, sad end to what used to be a really good show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Can someone tell me why they went south with a 20 man army and the 2 dragons? Surely she must have known her dragons would be vulnerable and that they would have a plan to kill off the dragons. What was she thinking complete madness.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

Mokuba wrote: »
    Seeing as people know what Arya is capable of, why hasn't anyone made her integral to the plot of killing Cersei? Considering they want to just siege the city initially, why not just send Arya in. You have established that she can sneak past hordes of people, wear faces to disguise her identity and kill main characters with ease. Just wait outside and let Arya do it!

Arya could easily kill Cersei. She killed all of the Freys, she'd only have to kill one person here. The thing is though that this is all a plot convenience for the big twist that I read from the leaks, that I won't spoil here, but won't actually come as any surprise to most people (as they are flagging it up like mad).

This big show down between the two queens is what this series has been leading up to. The fact that either side could bring it to a very decisive end is going to be ignored for the plot.

Daenerys and all her top advisers (and a sitting dragon) stand within ballista range of King's Landing's walls (which are now in the desert apparently). Cersei just lets Tyrion walk back to his squad after executing Missandei... she just... does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Can someone tell me why they went south with a 20 man army and the 2 dragons? Surely she must have known her dragons would be vulnerable and that they would have a plan to kill off the dragons. What was she thinking complete madness.

Also, why bring Missandei.

Is it normal to bring your translator with you everywhere in a country where everyone speaks the same language?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

Because they have controlled Dragonstone since the beginning of Season 7, so that's where they were heading to. I'm not sure how you hide a fleet beside an island held by your enemy, but apparently Euron manages to do that. Might be black magic or whatnot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Arya could easily kill Cersei. She killed all of the Freys, she'd only have to kill one person here. The thing is though that this is all a plot convenience for the big twist that I read from the leaks, that I won't spoil here, but won't actually come as any surprise to most people (as they are flagging it up like mad).

This big show down between the two queens is what this series has been leading up to. The fact that either side could bring it to a very decisive end is going to be ignored for the plot.

Daenerys and all her top advisers (and a sitting dragon) stand within ballista range of King's Landing's walls (which are now in the desert apparently). Cersei just lets Tyrion walk back to his squad after executing Missandei... she just... does.

Arya could probably walk right in and kill Cersei. However, it's highly unlikely she'd do it for Dany, or even because Jon asks her to, especially now knowing he's a Targaryan. They're not ignoring Arya's skills for the plot, it's because they know Arya wouldn't just agree to it, even if she wants Cersei dead. If Arya's off to kill Cersei, she's doing it for herself, not for them.
    lawlolawl wrote: »

Is it normal to bring your translator with you everywhere in a country where everyone speaks the same language?

She started off as a translator, but since then she's regularly been introduced as one of Dany's most trusted advisors. But she's obviously also Dany's best (probably only) friend.

No, it's just terrible television and a sad, sad end to what used to be a really good show.

Yeah.. this is it really..
    At this stage I'm like 'who gives a f*ck'..
    Arya will probably sneak in with some other face and kill Cersei..meh..

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bigslice

Was everyone happy with the lighting on this one though?

People are strange.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I really enjoyed that episode, got me right back into the series when last week had me wavering. It had all the stuff I enjoy about GoT, intrigue, politics, scheming, and finally some decent work for Tyrion and Varys, I've really missed them the last few seasons. The massive time jump was a bit jarring, but if you want to do it all in one episode I guess it makes more sense to skip forward all at once rather than a handful of smaller skips which would be rather confusing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

The emotes from every scene with Jon were something like:
    Sad Music, Goodbyes, Terrible decision coming up, Someone will die, Sad Music, Shur look: he died before

I was all like.. Is this the episode where Jon dies... again?

Then no..

So I guess he's gonna be dying before the end but their softening the audience up for it?
    Game of Thrones never felt this predictable before.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Penn wrote: »

She started off as a translator, but since then she's regularly been introduced as one of Dany's most trusted advisors. But she's obviously also Dany's best (probably only) friend.

Indeed, and I wish they had shown them interacting more earlier in the episode to push this home. I get that they want to show how isolated Dany potentially is at the celebration feast and it worked well.. but where were Miss and Grey Worm at this time? Did I miss them excusing themselves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

If they needed to kill another dragon, last week was a perfect time for that to happen

- Mid air fight with another dragon that leads to him crashing to the ground?
    - No
    - Thousands of ice zombies swarm him?
    - No. We'll use one of those oversized arrows we've shoehorned into the story.
    - Ok so how will we set this up?
    - You know her enemies?
    - Cersei and Euron the ****ing pirate who is much better at seafaring than her, has already destroyed her fleet once before and where she happens to be right now?
    - Yes she forgot about him. Bam! Three arrows out of no where!

Get the **** out of here you lazy ****!

Again I enjoyed large chunks of the episode but some of the stupidity in it is infuriating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

lawlolawl wrote: »

Missandei is essentially her 'lady in waiting'..... the queens best friend and confidant.

She hasn't been a translator for while.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

While I preferred this episode to last week's because it felt slightly more Game of Thrones-like, it suffered from a bad case of 'moving the chess pieces into place' syndrome. For a show that's spent eight seasons percolating conflicts and relationships, this one felt rushed to the point where key moments didn't land properly. Brienne and Jamie's goodbye scene, to pick an obvious example: I don't think either was acting in a way that felt true to where the characters have been at recently (frankly, to see Brienne break down as a blubbering wreck isn't majorly credible in general) despite the best efforts of two of the show's best actors. Instead, it felt like they just had to get Jamie to King's Landing for the inevitable, likely deadly confrontation with his sister. The episode generally had a few moments like that that didn't sit right, and add to that the increasing logical leaps and tactical mishaps that we're being asked to accept. Maybe it's just me but the weight of Jon's 'secret', despite plenty of build up in past episodes, didn't really register either before it transformed into 'information'.

But there were hints - especially the scheming between Varys and Tyrion - where I was glad the Night King was gone and we were briefly back to the final round of scheming, treason and political wrangling.

The main problem isn't new here - the show's writing has discernibly suffered post-books, and there's no major signs of recovery here at this late stage.

I thought Brienne's arc was very nicely done. All her life she has been brought up to be a loyal servant and warrior. In the last weeks she's been made a knight, made actual friends and finally explored her own sexuality. The childish smile on her face during the drinking game was beautifully played. Her emotional reaction to discovering physical intimacy and having it wrenched from her don't take anything away from her toughness as a soldier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Really liked this weeks episode.

A tonne of things happened and its shifts in tone from mirth to harrowing drama was welcome.

The only bull-sh*t moment for me was at around 30mins in, gathered around their map and they told us that half of the Unsullied and Dothraki remain.... despite us seeing them die 5 times over!

Best episode of the season so far though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭RickBlaine

I can understand how a coffee cup can be overlooked on a busy day of filming but I'm surprised it wasn't noticed in post and CGI'd out, especially considering the raw footage was probably brighter before it was color corrected.

And if this is the last we see of Tormund, he really deserved to die in a blaze of glory in last week's episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Did Tormund lose 6 inches in height or something?

And poor Ghost could have done with a pat on the head at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

RickBlaine wrote: »
    coffee cup
    :confused:

*googles*

:D

I totally just glossed over the earlier posts in the thread about it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Did Tormund lose 6 inches in height or something?

And poor Ghost could have done with a pat on the head at least.

Nope. The actor is not particularly tall. Jon Snow must be tiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Fromvert wrote: »
    If they needed to kill another dragon, last week was a perfect time for that to happen

- Mid air fight with another dragon that leads to him crashing to the ground?
    - No
    - Thousands of ice zombies swarm him?
    - No. We'll use one of those oversized arrows we've shoehorned into the story.
    - Ok so how will we set this up?
    - You know her enemies?
    - Cersei and Euron the ****ing pirate who is much better at seafaring than her, has already destroyed her fleet once before and where she happens to be right now?
    - Yes she forgot about him. Bam! Three arrows out of no where!

Get the **** out of here you lazy ****!

Again I enjoyed large chunks of the episode but some of the stupidity in it is infuriating.

Think the idea is more to have cersei and euron kill the dragon, so that it shows that either side can win the final battle and more importantly that they can kill a dragon not just the night king.

She is after surviving the night king, nearly lost her dragons, lost most of her army and found out her lover is her nephew. I think that allows her to be distracted and be surprised by an ambush.

I can understand Brienne breaking down. Her whole life she has shut herself off from letting her emotions have any affect on her. The one time in her life she lets her guard down and thinks she's with the man she loves and it's thrown right back in her face. And it definitely wasn't a day or two later, they had probably been together for at least a few weeks if not months at this stage.

Think the idea is more to have cersei and euron kill the dragon, so that it shows that either side can win the final battle and more importantly that they can kill a dragon not just the night king.

She is after surviving the night king, nearly lost her dragons, lost most of her army and found out her lover is her niece. I think that allows her to be distracted and be surprised by an ambush.

Yeah I get that they need Cersei and Euron to look like legitimate foes but it was a hamfisted way to achieve it. We've already seen the crossbow can break through and old dragon skull and Dany knows they have them from the battle last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,918 ✭✭✭nix

I doubt thats the last we have seen of the wildlings, i predict them, Dorne army and the remaining Yara Greyjoy fleet will arrive just in time to turn the tide in a predictable Hollywood fashion. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Fromvert wrote: »
    Yeah I get that they need Cersei and Euron to look like legitimate foes but it was a hamfisted way to achieve it. We've already seen the crossbow can break through and old dragon skull and Dany knows they have them from the battle last season.
    Yep but they need to make dany the mad queen or at least angry enough to attack the capital and kill the innocent, so getting them killing her child and maybe only close friend is moving her in that direction.
    Wasnt many other options in how they could achieve this.

Maybe have the arrows shout from the island when they land perhaps but not sure that would have worked better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

RickBlaine wrote: »
    And if this is the last we see of Tormund, he really deserved to die in a blaze of glory in last week's episode.

I had a feeling he'd survive. He's the only wildling whose name we know. I didn't think they'd head back North once the war was won, but I knew he'd survive and be the leader of the wildlings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,918 ✭✭✭nix

Also with all the time we would have had to assume has passed to explain the teleport traveling going on, shouldn't Cersei be fully blown baby bump at this stage? :pac:

Heck Gilly was found out straight away and shes well behind Cersei :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i dont think jamie and briene would ever happen felt like some sort of fan fiction ****e. enjoyed the rest of the show, still glum over last weeks episode with the NK cop out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Nope. The actor is not particularly tall. Jon Snow must be tiny.

He is. Sansa is taller than him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Yermande

Lone Stone wrote: »
    i dont think jamie and briene would ever happen felt like some sort of fan fiction ****e. enjoyed the rest of the show, still glum over last weeks episode with the NK cop out.

It's hardly fan fiction when the sexual tension between both of them has been fundamental to their relationship and goes back entire seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Yep but they need to make dany the mad queen or at least angry enough to attack the capital and kill the innocent, so getting them killing her child and maybe only close friend is moving her in that direction.
    Wasnt many other options in how they could achieve this.

Maybe have the arrows shout from the island when they land perhaps but not sure that would have worked better
    The story isn't the problem - it's the execution. One of the dragons had to die. That's fair enough. What was ridiculous was they hit Rhaegal 2/3 times with accuracy yet completely missed Dany when she was dive bombing them and they had nearly 10 of the things pointed directly at her.

One thing they got right at the beginning of the show was when Sansa put the wolf pin on Theon. It was a nice little touch and a great send off for him. It's details like that which make it such a good show. But then it's cheapened when they pull stunts like with Euron. They could've done it so much better. I thought they got the killing of Missandei spot on and Emily Clarke was brilliant in that scene. You can clearly see she's cracked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Was that the first time Jamie rode someone who wasn't his sister?

nix wrote: »
    Also with all the time we would have had to assume has passed to explain the teleport traveling going on, shouldn't Cersei be fully blown baby bump at this stage? :pac:

Heck Gilly was found out straight away and shes well behind Cersei :D
    No. It's only been 2-3 weeks since the Long Night.

In the first season it took Robert 1 month to get from KL to Winterfell and that was them taking their merry time. Jon and his army left Winterfell within days of the battle. They are marching, so would make quicker time than Robert. Dany still had two weeks to wait for Jon to arrive so he's probably been travelling already for two weeks. Gilly is a lot further along than Cersei. Shouldn't her and Sam have to get married now so the child isn't a bastard?

sabat wrote: »
    Was that the first time Jamie rode someone who wasn't his sister?
    Yes. He told Catelyn Stark that he's always been faithful to Cersei and taunted her that it made him more honourable than Ned, who apparently fathered a bastard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

I quite like how they're killing dragons.

They've been talked up by everyone as immortal, game changing weapons of war, but they've been injured in near every encounter (save attacking the ships at Mereen)

Obv the incredible accuracy, then Storm trooper inaccuracy of the ballista aside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Tikki Wang Wang

From bad to worse. This really has gone down the toilet in a big way. They are taking the pish at this stage. Maybe they are trolling the fans. It really is the pits. Absolute muck now. Boring drivel. Only I have watched from the start I’d give up on the last 2 episodes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I would say poor Ygritte's ashes are getting the creeps at this stage.

ygritte.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I'd genuinely love to see the people moaning in this thread write a better show. Like seriously, calm down lads.

Certainly there's some issues, namely the whole time issue, in which characters seemingly travel vast distances with little time passing, but that's been going on for years now.

Overall actually, I preferred that episode for the season. It set up a lot of intrigue, plots between Varys and Tyrion. Varys seemingly changing his allegiances, Tyirons struggle with the same. Jon's honour blinding him to the obvious madness in Daenerys and of course the culmination of Daenerys going darker and darker over the last few years.

Personally I got Brienne crying. She'd finally emotionally and physically opened up to a man she seemed to have loved for a long time, only for him to turn away despite the good man he'd become, to return to the woman who'll probably try to have him killed on sight.

I'd have liked one season that purely dealt with the NK and the final season episode to focus on Cersei and the iron throne.

This season does feel notably rushed compared to previous seasons, and not all for the better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

D&D's logic in choosing what to write never ceases to amaze me

25 minutes of celebration after the war despite only having 3-4 hours to finish the entire story - fine, no problem.
    Cutting away as Jon is about to tell Arya and Sansa he's a Targaryen - fine, not like it's something that NEEDED to be seen.
    Having Tyrion and Daenerys stand a few hundred feet in front of Cersei as she makes a declaration of war - fine, makes no sense in any way, but they need another pointless confrontation.

GRRM said there should have been two full seasons left to finish the show properly and it really is ringing true right now. He wouldn't have wasted so much time at Winterfell, he would have actually bothered to write a reaction from Sansa and Arya at the biggest plot point in the whole show and he never would have written that last scene as it makes a serious jump in logic that no one would believe. Why would Cersei not just kill Tyrion and Dany there and then knowing there is probably no better opportunity to win the war so quickly.

I suppose that's just what you get when you make the man who wrote X-Men Origins Wolverine the main showrunner. The same guy who wrote Deadpool into a corner despite him being known in the comics as the "Merc with the mouth". So David Benioff decides to sew deadpools mouth shut for the final battle. Not the smartest writer in Hollywood and I have a feeling he's going to butcher the ending to Game Of Thrones just like he did with the X-Men/Deadpool universe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

those were incredibly neat funeral pyres

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Sonics2k wrote: »
    culmination of Daenerys going darker and darker over the last few years.

What show were you watching?

With the exception of the Tarly execution, can you give me 3 other instances where Dany was clearly going crazy, and it was presented to the viewer in a negative way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Yermande wrote: »
    It's hardly fan fiction when the sexual tension between both of them has been fundamental to their relationship and goes back entire seasons.
    I think some people are fretting over all the 'shipping that inhabits some TV shows is going on here. I thought it was natural enough here even if the farewell was a bit overwrought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Another dragon why god why you do this to me lol

Great episode had a mix of everything roll on next week

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭North of 32

I didn't much enjoy that, it was a weak episode. I'd even say it was bad. The only interesting tension was Tyrion and Varys turning against Daenerys. They even ruined 2 characters in Jaime and Brienne.

And go way to fúck to all the precious, GoT-Pearl-Clutchers in this thread.

''Ohh, people are only interested in fighting and sex, any true fan would have enjoyed that episode and the scheming''. Fúck off with your gatekeeping. It's a thread of opinions. If you enjoyed it, good for you, but stop trying to claim some weird high-ground and sneer at those who didn't like it (and have valid reasons).

So so much better than last week. GoT back to doing what it does best.

The ambush was a bit ridiculous and Emilia Clark can't act for **** though. Can't see why Tyrion wasn't turned into a pin cushion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Cripes, I'm glad I've given this thread a wide berth until now. I do think the show's quality has slipped as it races towards the end and leaves behind the safety of the books, but the level of nitpickery on here is another level. So what if we don't see Missandei get scooped up from the water? Maybe a whole load of them were captured and executed and Missandei was recognised from her trip to King's Landing and brought to the queen. Do you need to have your hand held through everything?

Convenient how this is the first time since the opening scene that Jon has ridden a horse. I guess they needed him on the horse so they could kill off the dragon! Would have been a bit awks if he was on the dragon like he has been since half way through episode 1. RIP Rhaegal, strong enough to take down an undead dragon, killed during a surprise attack by evil Jack Sparrow.
    Didn't they deal with this in the show? Rhaegal had been injured in the fight so because of that, and maybe the fact that Dany was a little jealous of the attention Jon was getting, decided that he shouldn't ride the dragon on this occasion.
    Remarkable how the Targaryens even managed to conquer Westeros with dragons before, considering how easily they are picked off. Aren't they lucky that Qyburn wasn't around then or they wouldn't have lasted a week.
    It's almost like technology advances over time isn't it?
    Why not just kill Bronn off last season when Dany attacked the Lannister army! Speaking of, did he just walk into Winterfell carrying a crossbow like an idiot? Lucky he knew everyone in the show are idiots now or he might not have made it!
    Why would Bronn stand out in Winterfell? I'd say he'd fit right in with everyone else carrying weapons around.
    Why did the exterior of Kings Landing look like the exterior of Qarth? What a joke.
    Because all natural resources in the area would have been harvested for the war effort. Winterfell looked the same. It was a nice touch.
    I love the camera cuts this episode. Sansa and Arya about to hear about Jons parentage in what should be a pivotal moment. CUT AWAY. Sansa about to tell Tyrion about Jons parentage, screw what surely would have been a great scene, lets CUT AWAY. Off screen reactions to the biggest revelation in series history is tight!
    Because it would just be another scene telling the audience information we already know. Writers do their best to avoid this.
    Dany going full mad queen is so rushed and the only thing from before this season that anybody could point to is the burning of the Tarlys. Could they not have set it up a little more if they knew it was going to be the endgame of the show?
    What show were you watching?

With the exception of the Tarly execution, can you give me 3 other instances where Dany was clearly going crazy, and it was presented to the viewer in a negative way?
    They have certainly been setting up that Daenerys is prone to be blinded by her belief that she should have absolute rule. Her advisers have consistently tried to curb her worst instincts and the show is trying to tell us that she is feeling increasingly isolated in Westeros.

Where were Tyrion and Varys in the scene when they were talking about Daenerys and the crown? It looked like a throne room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Where were Tyrion and Varys in the scene when they were talking about Daenerys and the crown? It looked like a throne room.

Dragonstone.

Advertisement