Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Non book readers" - Season 8 Episode 4 "The Last of the S" - Spoilers post 2 fo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

The problem with teleportation the last two seasons is there simply aren't enough main characters left. Most of the big houses have been annihilated and it's too late to introduce new players. What we were left with was the NK, Starks, Dany and Cersei. With the NK gone, that only leaves the battle between Cersei and Dany and Dany's struggle with the North.

In previous seasons we had the war of the 5 Kings with so many players on the board we didn't notice the teleportation. Catelyn Stark went from Winterfell to KL and managed to capture Tyrion on her trip home but it wasn't jarring because so much else was going on.

The pacing could've been solved if they stuck with 10 episodes and fleshed them out more. My biggest gripe with this episode was Dany forgetting about the Iron fleet and Euron taking out Rhaegal with pin point accuracy but completely missing Drogon who was dive bombing them. That scene could've worked if they put more thought and time into it.

I can't be arsed watching the episode again so can someone explain to me why they thought it would be a good idea to split Dany's army? Rhaegal was apparently too tired to take Jon and all the soldiers were battle weary, so why did they think separating was the way to go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Stupid question alert.....

Who IS the father of Cersei’s baby if not Euron?

Hope there's a scene is her pulling a cushion from under her dress after her using the pregnancy to her advantage so often. Pure Cersei

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,968 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

The show previously showed us King Robert Baratheon...being mortally wounded by a bore.

I know listening to Pycelle droning on at small council meetings didn't exactly set the pulse racing but...:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I'm not sold on that tbh. I always thought they had a mutual respect for each other and any love was platonic. Jamie has always been loyal to Cersei. After Tyrion embarrassed Brienne about being a virgin, I could see Jamie going to her and the two of them having sex and in the morning Brienne saying something like "I hope you don't think this means I want to marry you and have your babies". Then when Jamie was leaving, Brienne could still have tried to talk him out of it but he still leaves. Even if Cersei was already dead, I couldn't see Brienne and Jamie living as a happy couple.

Sounds like a feckin' daytime soap! :pac:

is_that_so wrote: »
    Sounds like a feckin' daytime soap! :pac:
    Maybe but to me, friends with benefits is more believable than star crossed lovers :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Game of Thrones has officially joined the ranks of Dexter, Boardwalk Empire, Lost, (and many others) in that club of starting brilliantly, finishing ****.

I guess if you look at something like True Detective. First season was amazing, next two were crap.
    For HBO there must be crazy deadlines. The writer of True Detective was probably thinking about that story all his life. Then HBO want another season within a year. Must be extremely difficult to come out with something, especially something to compare to season 1.
    With Game of Thrones they ran out of source material and had to come up with stuff themselves within HBO deadlines and budgets. You could tell HBO stopped writing cheques in episode 4 with the King's Landing parlay. Looked like Dany, Tyrion, Greyworm and 50 poorly rendered CGI unsullied.
    I think HBO just want to wash their hands of GoT at this stage.

Aye up, lads. The laptop has spoken. GOT is ****e. No need to finish watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

lawred2 wrote: »
    I'd agree with most of those but the first one is a bit soft...

The bedding of Brienne would have better after the 'knighting' - why exactly? Because it would have been sweeter than Jaime turning up at her door hammered? Seriously - whatever... GOT is certainly open to criticism but complaining because a scene wasn't sweet enough or romantic enough is weak...

That Forbes dude is just saying what any reasonable GoT fan is thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭SteM

Be that as it may, I'd imagine the scale make this more trouble than its worth.
    They probably just want to get back promoting boxing.

No more boxing on HBO I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,489 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

That Forbes dude is just saying what any reasonable GoT fan is thinking.

Looking for more romance too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I thought it was a reasonable episode perhaps the best so far this season tbh maybe that ties up how underwhelming getting to the finishing line has been I dunno.

Had some of the best interactions between characters we've seen so far this season, had no real issue with Brienne/Jamie, did think the Bronn thing was out of place but can cope with it however the integral part of the episode; The Missandai capture was all off, the audience is aware of her closeness to Dany but how the hell was Euron?? I'm aware they were at the show off the wight episode but Missandei was as good as an extra in those scenes as far as I recall.

Greyworm is seen looking frantically for her but can't and instead of assuming died at sea, together with Dany etc they come to the convenient conclusion Cersei has her??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,285 ✭✭✭threeball

I think I'd echo alot of what is being said by other posters. They look like they sat down and tried to figure out how to wrap this up in 6 episodes. Decided that they couldn't follow any major story line due to time constraints so crammed about 3 final stories into the time available stretching the join the dots versions as far as they could then filling the rest with rubbish you wouldn't see on daytime soaps.

It's all very predictable too. I turned to the wife and said one of the dragons would be shot down here as soon as I saw them flying towards Dragonstone. Not 10 seconds later he was in the drink. It doesn't throw any curveballs any more. You can tell where things are heading 5 mins before they happen and it's not even interesting. You kind of knew the Sept was going to blow a few seasons back but at least the lead up was great tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

I’m now thinking Rhaegal isn’t dead.

The scene where Cersei asked Euron if he was sure about the dragon seemed a little out of place for me if we were to naturally assume the dragon was, in fact, definitely dead.

Well I would hope but jaysus a big F—k off arrow through the neck seems like instant death to me lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

It's a shame they spent so much time pricking around with unnecessary storylines (Grey Worm and Missandei, some of Theons stuff, a lot of Slavers bay stuff) I know each season needs a particular cadence and rhythm, but to run out of time after 7 seasons and have to cram EVERYTHING into the 8th is a shame.

I suppose it's the problem of having two concurrent but separate enemies, Cersei and the WW. They'd want both to finish simultaneously, but how can you when there's so much to do and they're at opposite ends of the continent.

I suppose the books could do it more fluidly, but I suppose TV just can't cope with the whole, "Bang we're in the North fighting WW, Bang we're in the south fighting Cersei"

threeball wrote: »
    I think I'd echo alot of what is being said by other posters. They look like they sat down and tried to figure out how to wrap this up in 6 episodes. Decided that they couldn't follow any major story line due to time constraints so crammed about 3 final stories into the time available stretching the join the dots versions as far as they could then filling the rest with rubbish you wouldn't see on daytime soaps.

It's all very predictable too. I turned to the wife and said one of the dragons would be shot down here as soon as I saw them flying towards Dragonstone. Not 10 seconds later he was in the drink. It doesn't throw any curveballs any more. You can tell where things are heading 5 mins before they happen and it's not even interesting. You kind of knew the Sept was going to blow a few seasons back but at least the lead up was great tv.

So did you predicted the white walkers and nk would be done early season?

biggebruv wrote: »

Not really early. Half way through.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

threeball wrote: »

Are you also playing the fun game of predicting exactly what certain characters are going to say before they say it?

It's fairly easy now that they are all based on memes.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,753 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

The exchange beside the old tree with the Starks +1 got to me in a big way.

Sansa: "We're family... you're a Stark"
    Jon: *looks*
    Bran: "It's your choice..."

No, it's not anymore. It was Jon's choice but unless Sansa, the cleverest person in Westeros (as we have been repeatedly told throughout the season), is now somehow at Hodor levels of Hodor Hodor, she will have picked up on something there, Bran.

F*cking stupid stuff altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I suppose it's the problem of having two concurrent but separate enemies, Cersei and the WW. They'd want both to finish simultaneously, but how can you when there's so much to do and they're at opposite ends of the continent.

I suspect GRRM would be able to, if the books ever finish, or quite a lot if good writers would have been able to. Unless there's a major twist coming it's become march-fight-march-fight to the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Well, it was set up for two big battles so not a lot of guessing required, plus his Achilles heel was so well-flagged. Once he went down game over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭RickBlaine

Regarding the teleportation, didn't the very first episode of the first season have Jaime and Cercei in both King's Landing and Winterfell. I think it was even mentioned that the journey took a month.

• Advertisement

RickBlaine wrote: »
    Regarding the teleportation, didn't the very first episode of the first season have Jaime and Cercei in both King's Landing and Winterfell. I think it was even mentioned that the journey took a month.

Yep.
    Even the books have a disclaimer that chapters and events don't happen concurrently or at the same pace.

In the first season when Robert rode to Winterfell, Cersei said they'd been riding for a month. That was taking their time with a massive entourage. It's conceivable that a lone rider would make the journey quicker, but it should still take about three weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭RickBlaine

In the first season when Robert rode to Winterfell, Cersei said they'd been riding for a month. That was taking their time with a massive entourage. It's conceivable that a lone rider would make the journey quicker, but it should still take about three weeks.

I probably wasn't clear. I was trying to point out that characters have covered huge distances in a single episode since the very start of the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,333 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Yes they clearly mentioned that it took a month. Whereas now it's instantaneous with no effort to give any sense of scale or time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭nix

The only redeeming thing this show can actually do at this point for me, is Sansa being eaten by the dragon.. Thats all im praying for at this point, she has just been an annoying twat from start to finish. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Romaine

The exchange beside the old tree with the Starks +1 got to me in a big way.

Sansa: "We're family... you're a Stark"
    Jon: *looks*
    Bran: "It's your choice..."

No, it's not anymore. It was Jon's choice but unless Sansa, the cleverest person in Westeros (as we have been repeatedly told throughout the season), is now somehow at Hodor levels of Hodor Hodor, she will have picked up on something there, Bran.

F*cking stupid stuff altogether.

I assumed Bran knew it needed to be said and knew what Jon was going to say before he said it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

nix wrote: »
    The only redeeming thing this show can actually do at this point for me, is Sansa being eaten by the dragon.. Thats all im praying for at this point, she has just been an annoying twat from start to finish. :pac:

I think she's been grand lately. There are far more annoying characters in it than a world-weary Sansa.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Have you honestly ever ridden on the back of dragon before? You obviously have no idea what a difficult manoeuvre that is.

People who have never ridden on a dragon before should not be allowed post such things. It is very unfair on Daenerys Targaryen's riding abilities. Until you know how difficult it is you should just keep your opinions to yourself, ok ?

Is this sarcasm...?

I suspect GRRM would be able to, if the books ever finish, or quite a lot if good writers would have been able to. Unless there's a major twist coming it's become march-fight-march-fight to the end.

I don’t think it’s fair to compare how GRRM will finish it vs how D&D finish it
    GRRM has the luxury of time too much time if you ask me seems he will never finish it.
    D&D would be under massive pressure to deliver a decent send off ready to enter production ASAP and get to air ASAP look at the uproar people had when they found out they would have to wait even longer for S8 because of the 2 huge battles

And yeah time jumping happened a lot in s1 aswell in 1 scene the dire wolves were puppy’s in the next they were shot up so fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That's irrelevant really. People's general issue isn't with the basic narrative. It's with the shoddy, lazy writing that screams "let's just get this thing over with" (that tends to dump on what came before it) that's the issue.

Would they ever have written an ending as comphrehensive, as deep, as unrelentingly dark and unforgiving as GRRM himself would likely produce? Of course not.

But they're capable of much better than what we're getting - they have an end point and they're racing too it in horrendously sloppy fashion, with illogical behavior, weak dialogue, massive inconsistencies, pacing issues, and everything else. Things that either didn't happen, or happened far less frequently, even in seasons that these guys largely penned themselves without GRRM material to work from (even putting aside the tremendous S1-S4).

If they felt they weren't up to the task (due to indifference or fatigue, or whatever), they should have hired extra help or taken a step back and served in a lesser role.

Fundemtally, we know they are perfectly capable of so much better. It's what so intensely infuriating about this season. The back to back duo of Battle of the Bastards/Winds of Winter in S6 are pretty solid, infinitely better and more logically scripted and completely written by the same guys.

Don't know why they seem to have blatantly stopped caring half as much as they used to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I really like Sansa. Her arc (that word again...) has been brilliantly done throughout the show, in my opinion.

And the fact that they have the neck to do those interviews after it too..they think the audience are idiots..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

And the fact that they have the neck to do those interviews after it too..they think the audience are idiots..

Those interviews are actually pouring gas on a fire at this point.

Who honestly OK'd David Benioff casually saying "Dany sort of forgot about the Iron Fleet"?

That fleet she's had numerous run in's with, the fleet that has dealth enormous damage to her cause.

The fleet she participated in a conversation about a few minutes before hand in the war-room where the Iron Fleet was singled out as a major block in Cersei's forces.

As part of a script, that Dave Benioff wrote himself. :confused:

But he comes out with that line? "She kind of forgot?" And no-one thought to revisit it?

The whole thing is starting to smell a bit of the Star Wars prequels really, where George Lucas was given way too much unchallenged control over every aspect of the production.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭valoren

Those interviews are actually pouring gas on a fire at this point.

Who honestly OK'd David Benioff casually saying "Dany sort of forgot about the Iron Fleet"?

That fleet she's had numerous run in's with, the fleet that has dealth enormous damage to her cause.

The fleet she participated in a conversation about a few minutes before hand in the war-room where the Iron Fleet was singled out as a major block in Cersei's forces.

As part of a script, that Dave Benioff wrote himself. :confused:

But he comes out with that line? "She kind of forgot?" And no-one thought to revisit it?

The whole thing is starting to smell a bit of the Star Wars prequels really, where George Lucas was given way too much unchallenged control over every aspect of the production.

It feels like watching Prometheus for me. So much potential with a strong legacy but was ultimately a beautiful looking film with an incredibly weak join the dots script and plot with too many characters.

I don’t think it’s fair to compare how GRRM will finish it vs how D&D finish it
    GRRM has the luxury of time too much time if you ask me seems he will never finish it.
    D&D would be under massive pressure to deliver a decent send off ready to enter production ASAP and get to air ASAP look at the uproar people had when they found out they would have to wait even longer for S8 because of the 2 huge battles

And yeah time jumping happened a lot in s1 aswell in 1 scene the dire wolves were puppy’s in the next they were shot up so fast.
    I would have agreed with everything you said up to this week. I was a massive supporter of the show and when people said that the quality dipped with the books, I was the first to blame Martin for not providing decent story lines they could work on. The show did improve on some things but they have really dropped the ball.

D&D are obviously under pressure but apparently everyone else except them wanted to have two full seasons. They thought they could tell the story in 6 episodes. Everyone else disagreed, so that's on them. They're ego's got out of control. I was willing to overlook all the glaring plot holes in last weeks episode, thinking it was a massive battle that would be hard to get right and I was looking forward to this week when we would get back to the real Game of Thrones but there was too much "made for tv shock value/the audience needs to pretend reality doesn't exist for the sake of entertainment"

Anyone can see that the way Dany got ambushed by Euron and lost Rhaegal as a result was just stupid. Rhaegal was hit with pinpoint accuracy twice but then they couldn't hit Drogon when Dany dive bombed the entire fleet. After all the bows had been released and Euron's army were vulnerable, Dany should've BBQ'd the lot of them but she didn't. She retreated. It was all very silly. And how do the show runners explain this? "Dany forgot about the Iron Fleet." That's so beyond stupid it's insulting to the watcher considering the Iron Fleet were part of her tactical talks with her advisors.

I'm sorry but what ever pressure D&D are under is a pressure of their own making. HBO would've been fine milking it for 10 seasons. They stupidly trusted D&D who still think they have made a great show. They are convinced they've told a great story but we can see that's bullsh!t with their behinds the scene waffle. Last week they said the Dothraki were done. This week we're told that half survived. They also tried to say that Dany forgot about the Iron Fleet. Lol.

We can bitch and moan about their inconsistencies on boards and some like you will make allowances for their mistakes but I imagine the higher ups will be looking at this cluster fcuk and deciding that they shouldn't be hired again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

On its own merits this episode is actually okay. Far from flawless, but okay. If this was season 5, that would be fine. The problem is that it's being used to create a "bittersweet" ending. It's moving the pieces into place, but it's confusing pawns for knights.

kkv4lj4bktw21.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Your obsession with the offhand line of "Dany kinda forgot about the Iron Fleet" suggests you are a very literal person aren't you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I would have agreed with everything you said up to this week. I was a massive supporter of the show and when people said that the quality dipped with the books, I was the first to blame Martin for not providing decent story lines they could work on. The show did improve on some things but they have really dropped the ball.

D&D are obviously under pressure but apparently everyone else except them wanted to have two full seasons. They thought they could tell the story in 6 episodes. Everyone else disagreed, so that's on them. They're ego's got out of control. I was willing to overlook all the glaring plot holes in last weeks episode, thinking it was a massive battle that would be hard to get right and I was looking forward to this week when we would get back to the real Game of Thrones but there was too much "made for tv shock value/the audience needs to pretend reality doesn't exist for the sake of entertainment"

Anyone can see that the way Dany got ambushed by Euron and lost Rhaegal as a result was just stupid. Rhaegal was hit with pinpoint accuracy twice but then they couldn't hit Drogon when Dany dive bombed the entire fleet. After all the bows had been released and Euron's army were vulnerable, Dany should've BBQ'd the lot of them but she didn't. She retreated. It was all very silly. And how do the show runners explain this? "Dany forgot about the Iron Fleet." That's so beyond stupid it's insulting to the watcher considering the Iron Fleet were part of her tactical talks with her advisors.

I'm sorry but what ever pressure D&D are under is a pressure of their own making. HBO would've been fine milking it for 10 seasons. They stupidly trusted D&D who still think they have made a great show. They are convinced they've told a great story but we can see that's bullsh!t with their behinds the scene waffle. Last week they said the Dothraki were done. This week we're told that half survived. They also tried to say that Dany forgot about the Iron Fleet. Lol.

We can bitch and moan about their inconsistencies on boards and some like you will make allowances for their mistakes but I imagine the higher ups will be looking at this cluster fcuk and deciding that they shouldn't be hired again.

It is all about spectacle now and not about interesting characters, all the characters are totally different now than they were 3 seasons ago. If D&D are so bored and wanted to do other things they should have handed the show to someone else who actually cares about crafting a character driven story.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

A lot of good points made and I would echo the overall disappointment level. One major aspect as well is the delivery of season 7, it was just so damn good. Season 8 is bad enough, but to follow such a great season just compounds the level of disappointment.

Your obsession with the offhand line of "Dany kinda forgot about the Iron Fleet" suggests you are a very literal person aren't you?

"Offhand line"?

The writers are saying that pretty much the main character of the show just straight up forgot about the existence of one of the biggest threats to her 8 season long goal because of "reasons".

It's garbage writing by two hacks who don't care about creating something decent because they have already been given their Disney contract (aka: license to print money).

They are the only ones that wanted a shorter final season of this disaster because they want to get into the business of lazily recycling the same plotlines for the next superhero/Star Wars/whatever thing whilst breaking box office records because quality doesn't matter anymore.

It's all "moments" and social media buzz now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

A fan edit of how the farewell to Ghost could've gone drew more emotion from me than both Rhaegal and Missandei's deaths...

He's a good boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

lawlolawl wrote: »
    "Offhand line"?

The writers are saying that pretty much the main character of the show just straight up forgot about the existence of one of the biggest threats to her 8 season long goal because of "reasons".

It's garbage writing by two hacks who don't care about creating something decent because they have already been given their Disney contract (aka: license to print money).

They are the only ones that wanted a shorter final season of this disaster because they want to get into the business of lazily recycling the same plotlines for the next superhero/Star Wars/whatever thing whilst breaking box office records because quality doesn't matter anymore.

Yeah it was an offhand line that you and others are bafflingly taking literally.

The episode, and which ever writer that was, was basically telling us that Dany (who of course hadn't literally "forgotten" about the Iron Fleet) underestimated her enemies, didn't expect them to be north of Kings Landing, and was making rash decisions out of fear she'd lose her claim to the throne. I personally think the fact they were able to launched such a sneak attack on the ocean is a bit silly but it's not the first time on the show that something so ridiculous has happened. The rest of your spiel just makes me think the writers must have killed your puppy or something.
    delly wrote: »
    A lot of good points made and I would echo the overall disappointment level. One major aspect as well is the delivery of season 7, it was just so damn good. Season 8 is bad enough, but to follow such a great season just compounds the level of disappointment.
    I don't get the complaint that this season has seen a huge drop off in quality, the drop off has been more gradual in my opinion.) All the same problems of this season existed in the last. Confusing travel times, lack of threat vs. seemingly insurmountable odds and often fan-fiction level of dialogue. The absolute worst offender for this is the episode "Beyond the Wall" which for some reason has a very high viewer rating, worst episode of the show in my book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭PressRun

lawlolawl wrote: »
    "Offhand line"?

It's kind of surprising to me the lack of care that seems to have gone into the writing this season. This is their lifes work, the lifes work of the the actors and other members of the crew, a near 10 year investment by audiences. You would think that providing a fully fleshed out ending that a story of this scale and a series of this popularity deserves would be of huge importance to the writers. But it actually seems like they were keen to just wrap this up? Going against the advice of the author of the books and people in HBO seems to speak to that. I find it shocking tbh. The ending of this series could have been a huge moment for them and something they'll be remembered for, but now it feels like it might be remembered for the wrong reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,562 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

That episode was a steaming pile of dung.
    Kim Jung Un has spent years trying to develop intercontinental missiles but good old Qyburn has it sorted in a few weeks .

• Advertisement

Just got through it now and another poor episode for many reasons

Better then last week but some awful coronation style editing/acting (i blame the director as the actors are good)

The laser like giant archer machines that took out the dragon were the worst.

Not to mention Deneras could fly away and attack the ships from behind or from the side without any chance of harm

How and why (i forget her name) got captured and why she would have been miraculously plucked from the sea is a mystery to me, I get the killing but it doesn't really make sense overall.

The show seems quite obvious in making denarous crazy/mad now so I can only hope they dont go down that route, not from a story telling perspective just as the spoon feeding in this episode would be an insult to people who have followed the show/books

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

just as the spoon feeding in this episode would be an insult to people who have followed the books

There's books?

The laser like giant archer machines that took out the dragon were the worst.

Not to mention Deneras could fly away and attack the ships from behind or from the side without any chance of harm

Its beyond bad writing .

Eleven ships sitting in the open on a clear day in contested waters around an island ,yes an island , somehow managed to sneak up on an air force?
    It's cheap. It does a disservice to clever characters and it makes the viewing experience unsatisfying.

Its beyond bad writing .

Eleven ships sitting in the open on a clear day in contested waters around an island ,yes an island , somehow managed to sneak up on an air force?
    It's cheap. It does a disservice to clever characters and it makes the viewing experience unsatisfying.

TBH I was trying not to be harsh but **** it, I really cant believe that got served up after last weeks **** show.

I mean I know its all filmed and ended but I really thought we would get something good this week.

It just makes no sense most of it, greyworm and messandre were on the same fecking boat but he swam to shore and started shouting for her.

You would think he would...........

TBH you would think a million different things but he wouldnt be acting like she may have drown or whatever if the ships came in and took her, if they both got in the water at the same time he would have gave his last breath the save her (given his character)

Just really poor again all over.

This article on Esquire hits the nail on the head with what was wrong with the episode

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/a27372333/game-of-thrones-season-8-episode-4-analysis-spoiler-recap-review-writing-failure/

• Advertisement
Advertisement