Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

complaint against the developer

Options
  • 05-05-2019 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭

Is there any way/anywhere a complaint or similar against the estate developer could be filed? Basically, off the plans presented to buyers (and still available on the estate website) nothing got done with regards to green area arrangement, facilities etc. Only houses got built (13 years on). Not only that but part of the estate is a total mess with building machinery and materials left as even the houses are not finished either (though I heard not much interest in finishing those either as the builder is more interested in BIG commercial contracts) Of course I will first try to reach them first for some answer but not holding my breath.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

uli84 wrote: »
    Is there any way/anywhere a complaint or similar against the estate developer could be filed? Basically off the plans presented to buyers and still available on the estate website nothing got done with regards to green area arrangement, facilities etc. only houses got built (13 years on). Not only that but part of the estate is a total mess with building machinery and materials as even the houses are not finished either (though I heard not much interest in finishing those either as the builder is more interested in BIG commercial contracts) Of course I will first try to reach them first for some answer but not holding my breath.

Local authority is the first point of contact but don’t hold your breath. Dealing with an estate that was left unfinished. Trying to call in a bond for 10 years with no joy yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭uli84

Ugh it’s a lovely place otherwise and I have great neighbours but seems like I’ll be forced to sell, it’s such a pity as it’s got potential, wish they sold it to someone interested in finishing :(

Advertisement