Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman Loses Job for Holding Gender Critical Opinions.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

LLMMLL wrote: »
    Good luck trying to get me to come up with an acceptable number of rapes ceadoin. Not the way I think. Hope it's not how you think either.

Says it all really. My number would be 0. Obviously you are a bit different in this regard.

Crazy crazy stuff this.

Right so you're against non transitioning people declaring as trans but you'd be perfectly willing to do so yourself? What does that say about you?

They can declare all they want.

If they've not gone through the transition they go into a men's prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    Good luck trying to get me to come up with an acceptable number of rapes ceadoin. Not the way I think. Hope it's not how you think either.

Says it all really. My number would be 0. Obviously you are a bit different in this regard.

Crazy crazy stuff this.

No not different at all. Mine is also zero. But I don't think policy should be made on isolated incidents.

I do love being called crazy by the guy who will claim he's trans if ever arrested though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

Male bodied trans women are women.

Prove it!

No not different at all. Mine is also zero. But I don't think policy should be made on isolated incidents.

I do love being called crazy by the guy who will claim he's trans if ever arrested though.

Well then why didn't you say 0? The incidents are only isolated because trans people in prison is so rare.
    Regardless the policy is not based on isolated incidents it's based on protecting women.

Nothing crazy about it, it's actually quite smart albeit admittingly selfish. I do the crime I do the time; albeit a lot less stressful and easier time.

Looksure, I take the crazy comment back. At least you now acknowledge that the brain has absolutely nothing at all to do with determining somebody's biological sex. So this hasn't all been a complete waste of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

Well then why didn't you say 0? The incidents are only isolated because trans people in prison is so rare.
    Regardless the policy is not based on isolated incidents it's based on protecting women.

Nothing crazy about it, it's actually quite smart albeit admittingly selfish. I do the crime I do the time; albeit a lot less stressful and easier time.

Looksure, I take the crazy comment back. At least you now acknowledge that the brain has absolutely nothing at all to do with determining somebody's biological sex. So this hasn't all been a complete waste of time.

I stand by what I said about the brain.

And before you start the dishonest poster crap again please recall that you just admitted to lying that you'd dcarest yourself trans. Off to bed now, goodnight.

I stand by what I said about the brain.

And before you start the dishonest poster crap again please recall that you just admitted to lying that you'd dcarest yourself trans. Off to bed now, goodnight.

And yet you can't back it up with anything.

Me potentially being dishonest about my identity doesn't take away from the fact that you are a dishonest poster, because you are.

Sleep well.

LLMMLL...convince me a person with a dick and balls is a woman with breasts and a vagina.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Checkmate19

I hope some transgender gets into the ufc and murders someone. Lets see how that plays out. This is all pc bollix. Seriously lets get a transgender into boxing and probably kill katie taylor. Caster cheating running the same. Transgender cyclist winning great. Compete against your own. FUKKKKING JOKE.

I hope some transgender gets into the ufc and murders someone. Lets see how that plays out. This is all pc bollix. Seriously lets get a transgender into boxing and probably kill katie taylor. Caster cheating running the same. Transgender cyclist winning great. Compete against your own. FUKKKKING JOKE.

No. **** it. Let's just have no gender categories in anything. Everyone against everyone. Let's see what happens.

• Advertisement

This bolxx has to stop. The picture of a transgender cyclist aka a man winning against females is a joke . And should be called out as such. Seriously lets get back to reality. I really hope some transgender ufc fighter kills a female fighter. Transgender athletes should be in there own event. Transgender event.

This has nearly happened already.
    https://bjj-world.com/transgender-mma-fighter-fallon-fox-breaks-skull-of-her-female-opponent/

This bolxx has to stop. The picture of a transgender cyclist aka a man winning against females is a joke . And should be called out as such. Seriously lets get back to reality. I really hope some transgender ufc fighter kills a female fighter. Transgender athletes should be in there own event. Transgender event.

Wishing death on someone to prove a point is a little bit extreme chief.

I just hope we realise that there is a difference between the sexes and just because you believe something, doesn't make it true

The gender is so male and female are different. No/YES. Ok lets get transgender into ufc female and will see how that pans out. Transgender should be a new category. As i see it they only want to get into it to beat female as they are looking at taking the piss.. Also if they think there good enough go against male if not fukkk offf.

No i dont wish death on any athelte but that is what can happen. Transgender sport should stop. Its bolliixx.

No i dont wish death on any athelte but that is what can happen. Transgender sport should stop. Its bolliixx.

I disagree. I would like to see open competition where elite men can compete against elite women in any sport. Would be an eye opener

Elite men against elite woman can happen. Women cant compete against men in sport its genetics. Simple. Thats why there is male and female sport. Dont be bleedin stupid.

If transgender want to compete lets have a new feild. Transgender field. Other than that just lets it go full circle. Lets get a transgender boxer kill katie taylor. This **** has to stop. Its bollixxxxxx.

A transgender cyclist won a race. And anyone with any sense would see what a load of crap it was. But because people are scared to say any thing its alright. Its not and im glad seb and athletics stud up to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Candamir wrote: »
    So no opinion on lesbians being bullied and called TERFs and transphobes, based solely on their sexual orientation and preferences, by some in the transgender community? Nobody seems to want to condemn that as bullying.

If you are having sex against your will. Isn't that rape?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Legal right? Those rights probably never would have happened if there were 100 trans people I the world. There wouldn't even be one per country.

And if there were less than one per country it would be far more likely that it was an artifact of personal experience.

What these silly "if I say I identify as a unicorn am I a unicorn" arguments ignore is that there is no comparable issue. People don't identify as unicorns in any great number.

The fact is there are FAR more than 100 trans people in the world. Trying to muddy the waters with the non existent issue of cross racial identification is exactly that. An attempt to muddy the waters.

Even if one does ignore the fact that practically nobody identifies as a different race there are multiple issues surrounding that which I'm not going to bother getting into. What is race? Is it similar to gender or sex or different? Are there analogues to the sex/gender situation of a male child who loses their penis being raised as a female but identifying as a male in later life? Etc etc.

What about the furries, LLMMLL? Quite a lot of them about. Trans species. Don't pull up the ladder after ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭KikiLaRue

So if we roll back 3 years and I campaign for the removal of the 8th amendment, airing my pro-choice views on rte, you should be free to sack me because I'm being exclusionary of pro-life people or it goes against your respect policy?

It really depends what kind of job you’re in and what you signed up for. If you are deemed to have broken the terms of your contract, I should be able to sack you.

Important to note in this instance the woman wasn’t even sacked, the company just made a decision not to renew their contract with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,383 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

How about you answer my question first, I'm not being interviewed by you.

IN answer to your question: Same way you prove any other form of discrimination: take your evidence to a court or tribunal.

Now: What about the right of the individual to run a profitable business and have a liveihood? Is that also "tough"?

People are responsible for the consequences of their actions - not their employers.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Elite men against elite woman can happen. Women cant compete against men in sport its genetics. Simple. Thats why there is male and female sport.

Not quite. Its why there is womens sport. Men dont need mens sport, they are OK simply with 'sport'. Women are uncompetitive against men, so we have womens sport to make it interesting for them.
    The transgender, intersex, alphabet sexuality, genetic oddment, sport is bolllix all right. Society is too caught up in making everything equal for everyone.

Dont quite fit into one of the standard categories? Suck it up and dont expect the rest of the world to change.

Any grey area questioning if you are eligible for womens event? Without further ado then, you arent. Compete in the mens.

Not quite. Its why there is womens sport. Men dont need mens sport, they are OK simply with 'sport'. Women are uncompetitive against men, so we have womens sport to make it interesting for them.
    The transgender, intersex, alphabet sexuality, genetic oddment, sport is bolllix all right. Society is too caught up in making everything equal for everyone.

Dont quite fit into one of the standard categories? Suck it up and dont expect the rest of the world to change.

Any grey area questioning if you are eligible for womens event? Without further ado then, you arent. Compete in the mens.

We already have a specific thread on trans women and sport.

Any chance of getting back on topic?

An interesting slant -
    here we have a woman giving her opinion (in her private capacity) on the nature of womanhood.
    Then we have a large organisation discontinuing her employment on the basis that her thoughts constitute an affront to what they define as the ''material reality'' (which is clearly bogus ideology, as material reality is by its very nature empirical and observable, not feelings).
    Thus in effect we have a larger powerful body insisting on intellectual ''property rights'' over the woman.
    The new misogyny, the new patriarchy.
    Woman is the intellectual property of the corporation, via her intellectual property being owned/controlled by what is deemed the greater right to be protected, that of the transwoman (biological male).

Zorya wrote: »
    An interesting slant -
    here we have a woman giving her opinion (in her private capacity) on the nature of womanhood.
    Then we have a large organisation discontinuing her employment on the basis that her thoughts constitute an affront to what they define as the ''material reality'' (which is clearly bogus ideology, as material reality is by its very nature empirical and observable, not feelings).
    Thus in effect we have a larger powerful body insisting on intellectual ''property rights'' over the woman.
    The new misogyny, the new patriarchy.
    Woman is the intellectual property of the corporation, via her intellectual property being owned/controlled by what is deemed the greater right to be protected, that of the transwoman (biological male).

Hmmm. Do we think the company would have reacted differently to a man writing the same piece?

I think the fact that she’s a contractor is crucial here - if she was perm staff there would have had to have been a whole disciplinary process with multiple warnings before termination. I think the company would have been on very dicey ground in that instance.

Contractors don’t have the same rights. A company can choose not to renew a contract for any reason I would have thought.

KikiLaRue wrote: »
    Hmmm. Do we think the company would have reacted differently to a man writing the same piece?

I think the fact that she’s a contractor is crucial here - if she was perm staff there would have had to have been a whole disciplinary process with multiple warnings before termination. I think the company would have been on very dicey ground in that instance.

Contractors don’t have the same rights. A company can choose not to renew a contract for any reason I would have thought.

I don't know on your question re a man. It is not as pertinent for men, this issue. Transmen do not afford risk or challenge to males.
    Some men have lost positions due to thought crime. James Damore. Noah Carl from Cambridge University. I disagree with that too, even though I may disagree with the men's opinions. James Caspian is challenging in court research funding refusal for political reasons.
    Camille Paglia is the subject of an attempted push by student activists from her decades old job at the University of Arts, Philadelphia.

It's a growing problem.

I can see the truth of your stance from an objective point of view. That the company is merely exercising its ''rights''. I just happen to think that a companies rights being superior to an individuals freedom to hold a political opinion is wrong.

Zorya wrote: »
    I don't know on your question re a man. It is not as pertinent for men, this issue. Transmen do not afford risk or challenge to males.
    Some men have lost positions due to thought crime. James Damore. Noah Carl from Cambridge University. I disagree with that too, even though I may disagree with the men's opinions. James Caspian is challenging in court research funding refusal for political reasons.
    Camille Paglia is the subject of an attempted push by student activists from her decades old job at the University of Arts, Philadelphia.

It's a growing problem.

I can see the truth of your stance from an objective point of view. That the company is merely exercising its ''rights''. I just happen to think that a companies rights being superior to an individuals freedom to hold a political opinion is wrong.

I ask about men because you’re calling it misogyny/ the patriarchy and I don’t think you can frame it that way unless she’s being treated differently to a man in that position.

• Advertisement

KikiLaRue wrote: »
    I ask about men because you’re calling it misogyny/ the patriarchy and I don’t think you can frame it that way unless she’s being treated differently to a man in that position.

In that post I was just doing a thought experiment regarding the ''intellectual property'' potentials in this particular case. Just because it is interesting, and also because these issues are generally presenting in an arena where biological women are being told what to do/think/speak/write by biological men.
    There are some very interesting detrans videos available where young detransitioning biological women tell of the abject and insidious bullying they suffered in trans groups from transwomen. Verbal, physical, sexual. But that's just some context for the thought experiment.

In general, it doesn't matter at all whether it is a man or woman who is dismissed or punished for having unacceptable political opinions. I support both having the right. It is not incitement to hatred.
    There is too much concept creep and victim fetish going on.
    People were allowed to be ultra religious, or conscientious objectors, or politically dicey, before all this BS. The idea of a company or employer owning your mind is a fundamentally totalitarian one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement