Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing Credit Card Account Stamp Duty

Options
  • 05-05-2019 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

I closed my BOI credit card account and moved to KBC. I had to pay the €30 stamp duty again on my BOI account. I know I can send over the proof of payment of this tax to KBC so I won't get charged next April on my KBC account. 

However, I never received any letter confirming I paid the stamp duty. When should I receive it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi jasongoodbody,

Thanks for getting in touch.

You should receive this written confirmation within 10 days of account closure. If you have not receive this you will need to contact our Card Services on 0818251251.

Thanks,

Lorna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

It says the account is closed but there is no mention of stamp duty being paid.

Is that the only letter I need to provide to KBC?

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Hibrasil

I suggest you contact Credit Card services and ask specifically for confirmation that stamp duty was paid. A letter saying account closed is not sufficient for KBC to waive Stamp duty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

Hibrasil wrote: »
    I suggest you contact Credit Card services and ask specifically for confirmation that stamp duty was paid. A letter saying account closed is not sufficient for KBC to waive Stamp duty.

Hi Hibrasil,

Thanks for getting back to us.

If you call our credit card team on 1890 251 251 an advisor can organise to send you out proof of this Stamp Duty payment.

Many Thanks.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Hibrasil

Hi Hibrasil,

If you call our credit card team on 1890 251 251 an advisor can organise to send you out proof of this Stamp Duty payment.

Many Thanks.

John
    I think this reply should be proper to jasongoodbody

• Advertisement

I think this reply should be proper to jasongoodbody

Apologies Hibrasil - an oversight on my behalf.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

John

It says the account is closed but there is no mention of stamp duty being paid.

Is that the only letter I need to provide to KBC?

Hi Cassandra Faithful Detective,

Many Thanks.

John

Advertisement