Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Ultimate Survivor Series Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I'll get with 94 because it featured a stellar angle with Owen Hart begging his mother Helen to throw the towel in for Bret Hart vs Bob Backlund. Was great. Also that Bad Guys team featured some of my favourite faces together namely Bulldog and 123 Kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭NITRO95

1990 because it had Taker's debut and the Ultimate Survivors match which I still think is a great concept

2-1 to Survivor Series 1994. Any more punters care to cast a vote?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,011 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Undertaker debut aside, 94 is just overall better.

Chuck Norris has too much for everyone else. 1994 reigns supreme.
    Our next match features two very recent events.

Survivor Series 2013

220px-Survivor_series_2013.jpg

* The Shield and The Real Americans vs The Usos, Rey Mysterio, Cody Rhodes and Goldust

* Total Divas (The Bella Twins, Natalaya, Eva Marie, Cameron, Naomi and JoJo vs True Divas (AJ Lee, Aksana, Alicia Fox, Kaitlyn, Rosa Mendes, Summer Rae and Tamina)

* John Cena vs Alberto Del Rio for the World Heavyweight Championship

* CM Punk and Daniel Bryan vs The Wyatt Family

*Randy Orton vs Big Show for the WWE Championship

VS

Survivor Series 2017

220px-Survivor_Series_2017.jpg

* The Shield vs The New Day

* The Usos vs The Bar Champions vs Champions

* Charlotte Flair vs Alexa Bliss Champion vs Champion

* Brock Lesnar vs AJ Styles Champion vs Champion

* Team Raw (Kurt Angle, Braun Strowman, Finn Bálor, Samoa Joe and Triple H
    vs Team SmackDown (Shane McMahon, Randy Orton, Bobby Roode, Shinsuke Nakamura and John Cena)

• Advertisement

Two strong cards but I think 2017 has to take the win here. AJ vs Brock is somewhat of a dream match and New Day vs Shield is intriguing. The Champion vs Champion concept was done well too and the brand battle was built well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

A tough one but i'm thinking 17 as well. Just for the AJ / Brock match.

2-0 to the Champion vs Champion edition of Survivor Series. Next up we have two modern era events going head to head. Which do you think was better?

Survivor Series 2016

220px-SurviorSeries2016poster.jpg

* Team Raw (Alicia Fox, Bayley, Charlotte Flair, Nia Jax, and Sasha Banks)
    vs Team SmackDown (Alexa Bliss, Becky Lynch, Carmella, Naomi, and Natalya)

* Team Raw (The Bar, The New Day, Enzo & Big Cass, Gallows & Anderson and The Shining Stars
    vs Team SmackDown (The Usos, American Alpha, Breezango, Heath Slater & Rhyno and The Hype Bros)

* Team Raw (Braun Strowman, Chris Jericho, Kevin Owens, Roman Reigns, and Seth Rollins)
    vs Team Smackdown (AJ Styles, Bray Wyatt, Dean Ambrose, Randy Orton, and Shane McMahon with James Ellsworth

* Brock Lesnar vs Goldberg

VS

Survivor Series 2014

220px-WWE_Survivor_Series_2014_Official_Poster.jpg

* Goldust & Stardust vs Damien Mizdow and The Miz vs The Usos vs Los Matadores for the WWE Tag Team Championship

* Dean Ambrose vs Bray Wyatt

* AJ Lee vs Nikki Bella for the WWE Divas Championship

* Team Cena (John Cena, Big Show, Dolph Ziggler, Ryback and Erick Rowan
    vs Team Authority (Seth Rollins, Kane, Rusev, Mark Henry, and Luke Harper)

This one is a tough one for me. I enjoyed the Cena vs Authority match and build, especially given how the opposite wrestlers on each side complimented each other in their solo feuds i.e. Cena/Rollins, Big Show/Kane, Ziggler/Rusev, Ryback/Henry, Rowan/Harper. I think Sting maybe debuted this night too.

However 2016 had a stacked main event with SD at it's arguable peak. Roode and Nakamura still weren't ruined yet and Braun was still a boss. The Women and Tag scenes were fresh and exciting too.

I vote 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

going for 14 but a real tough one but loved the cena vs authority match and sting debut just seals it

• Advertisement

1-1 here, we need a tie breaker!

I've flipped a coin and it's 2014 that goes through. I'll give this one more bash and if it gets no more traction I'll leave it off.

Survivor Series 1995

Sur95poster.jpg

* The Darkside (Undertaker, Fatu, Godwinn and Savio Vega)
    vs The Royals (Jerry 'The King' Lawler, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Isaac Yankem and King Mabel)

* Wildcard Match Shawn Michaels, Ahmed Johnson, The British Bulldog and Sycho Sid
    vs Dean Douglas, Owen Hart, Razor Ramon and Yokozuna

* Diesel vs Bret Hart in a No Holds Barred match for the WWE Champinship

VS

Survivor Series 2004

220px-SurvivorSeries2004_Cover.jpg

* Team Guerrero (Eddie Guerrero, John Cena, Big Show and Rob Van Dam)
    vs Team Angle (Kurt Angle, Luther Reigns, Mark Jindrak and Carlito)

* John "Bradshaw" Layfield vs Booker T for the WWE Championship 1

* Team Orton (Randy Orton, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho and Maven
    vs Team HHH (Triple H, Batista, Edge and Gene Snitsky)

95 this was just as I was hitting peak fandom as a kid

1995 for me. That Diesel vs Bret match was unlike anything I'd ever seen. Both were face going in but both had heel tendencies throughout, especially Diesel. It was a great brawl and, for my money, Kevin Nash's best bout. First table spot I remember too.

Liked the Wildcard gimmick of heels and faces on each other's teams and loved the suspense of Undertaker returning and showing us all that awesome Phantom of the Opera mask.

I haven't seen 95, but i'm voting for it. I'm a huge mark for this era of wrestling. And by gum, i may just watch this event tonight

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I haven't seen 95, but i'm voting for it. I'm a huge mark for this era of wrestling. And by gum, i may just watch this event tonight

Watch the Diesel vs Bret match and let me know what you think of it. Subtlety, brutality and psychology is great in it.

I think you'll get a kick out of the Taker vs Royals match too. Very camp.

i will loudly proclaim to be the biggest diesel/nash fan gets far too much flak that match is a classic

The Wildcard Survivor Series goes through to Round 2. Only a handful of matches left, let's see what's next.
    Survivor Series 2003

220px-Survivorseries03poster.jpg

* Team Angle (Kurt Angle, Bradshaw, Chris Benoit, Hardcore Holly and John Cena)
    vs Team Lesnar (Brock Lesnar, A-Train, Big Show, Nathan Jones and Matt Morgan)

* Kane vs Shane McMahon in an Ambulance match

* Team Bischoff (Chris Jericho, Christian, Mark Henry, Randy Orton and Scott Steiner) (with Eric Bischoff)
    vs Team Austin (Shawn Michales, Booker T, Rob Van Dam and The Dudley Boyz) (with Stone Cold Steve Austin)

* Goldberg vs Triple H for the World Heavyweight Championship

VS

Survivor Series 1987

220px-Survivorseries1987.jpg

* Brutus Beefcake, Jake Roberts, Jim Duggan, Randy Savage and Ricky Steamboat
    vs Dangerous Danny Davis, Harley Race, Hercules, The Honky Tonk Man and Ron Bass

* The Fabulous Moolah, The Jumping Bomb Angels, Rockin' Robin and Velvet McIntyre
    vs Dawn Marie Johnston, Donna Christanello, The Glamour Girls and Sensational Sherri

* The British Bulldogs, The Killer Bees, The Fabulous Rougeaus, Strike Force and The Young Stallions
    vs The Hart Foundation, Demolition, The Bolsheviks, The Dream Team and The Islanders

* André the Giant, Butch Reed, King Kong Bundy, One Man Gang and Rick Rude
    vs Hulk Hogan, Bam Bam Bigelow, Don Muraco, Ken Patera and Paul Orndorff

I'm taking 2003 here. Electrocuted testicles!!!

2003 Electrocuted testicles and one of shawns greatest performances

• Advertisement

The original Survivor Series crashes out. We've only 5 spots left in the second round, let's see who'll grab one of them

Survivor Series 1996

220px-SS_96.jpg

* Jake Roberts, Marc Mero, Rocky Maivia and The Stalker
    vs Goldust, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Jerry Lawler and Crush

* Bret Hart vs Stone Cold Steve Austin

* Shawn Michaels vs Sycho Sid for the WWE Championship

VS

Survivor Series 1991

220px-Survivor_Series_1991.jpg

* Ric Flair, Ted DiBiase, The Mountie and The Warlord
    vs Bret Hart, The British Bulldog, Roddy Piper and Virgil

* Hulk Hogan vs The Undertaker for the WWE Championship

* Big Boss Man and The Legion of Doom vs Irwin R. Schyster and The Natural Disasters

96 for that Bret Austin match. Have a soft spot for the HBK / Sid match too.

96 for same reasons as gerry

1996 with a strong cast goes through. Our next bout features two events with arguably more star power.
    Survivor Series 1999

220px-SS_99.jpg

* The Holly Cousins and Too Cool vs Edge & Christian and The Hardy Boyz

* Big Show vs Big Bossman, Albert, Viscera and Mideon

* The New Age Outlaws vs Al Snow and Mankind for the WWE Tag Team Championship

* Triple H vs The Rock vs Big Show (replacing Stone Cold Steve Austin) for the WWE Championship

VS

Survivor Series 2001

220px-SS_01.jpg

* Edge vs Test Unification match for the WCW United States and WWE Intercontinental Championships

* The Dudley Boyz vs The Hardy Boyz Steel Cage Unification match for the WCW and WWE Tag Team Championships

* Team WWE (Chris Jericho, Big Show, Kane, The Rock and The Undertaker)
    vs The Alliance (Booker T, Kurt Angle, Rob Van Dam, Shane McMahon and Stone Cold Steve Austin)

i know im very much alone here but loved the invasion back in the day 01 for me

I think I'd go with 2001 over 1999. '99 was a bit all over the place booking wise and a deeper look at the card shows some weird matches and combos that don't really work.

2001 has a really hot poster too.

2001's InVasion era beats out the Attitude Era. Let's check out our second last bout of the round.

Survivor Series 2007

220px-Official_Survivor_Series_2007_poster.jpg

* CM Punk vs John Morrison vs The Miz for the ECW Championship

* Triple H, Jeff Hardy, Kane and Rey Mysterio
    vs Big Daddy V, Finlay, Mr. Kennedy, MVP and Umaga

* Randy Orton vs Shawn Michaels for the WWE Championship

* Batista vs Undertaker in a Hell in a Cell match for the World Heavyweight Championship

VS

Survivor Series 2011

220px-Survivor-series-2011-rock-cena.jpg

* Team Barrett (Wade Barrett, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger and Hunico
    vs Team Orton (Randy Orton, Kofi Kingston, Mason Ryan, Sheamus and Sin Cara)

* Mark Henry vs Big Show for the World Heavyweight Championship

* Alberto Del Rio vs CM Punk for the WWE Championship

* John Cena and The Rock vs The Miz and R-Truth

2007 for me. Better card.

2011 was a major deal becuase the Rock returned to wrestle for 2 minutes

yep 2007 for me better card

• Advertisement

Would have to go along with the consensus here and say 2007. The 2011 edition hasn't got one thing on it that excites me.

Advertisement