Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are iphones locked to one network/country?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Sim lock free, I would assume that’s simfree, like it would be from Apple. Personally I’d spring the extra 50 and save any potential headaches with warranties etc.

To note buying abroad - Things the are launched by country would mean you wouldn’t have access. For instance, AppleTV+ launches in Ireland, say in Sept 2019 but not in Denmark until March 2020, my understanding is your device would not be able to access it as it’s a danish sold device against the ones sold here. Same would apply for Apple Cash etc..

Sim lock free, I would assume that’s simfree, like it would be from Apple. Personally I’d spring the extra 50 and save any potential headaches with warranties etc.

To note buying abroad - Things the are launched by country would mean you wouldn’t have access. For instance, AppleTV+ launches in Ireland, say in Sept 2019 but not in Denmark until March 2020, my understanding is your device would not be able to access it as it’s a danish sold device against the ones sold here. Same would apply for Apple Cash etc..

If it’s sim free it makes no difference where it’s bought it will work perfectly fine here. It’s the Apple ID you log in with that decides what you can and can’t access.

A device bought anywhere in the EU will have the same warranty. You have less of a warranty buying a decide in the US but it’s worth the risk as it’s far cheaper to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 scottyboi_2016

The Apple TV+ wouldn’t matter, that goes by the region your device is set to, not by where you purchased it. Afaik the only feature on any Apple product that is specific to country of purchase is the Apple Watch ECG feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,350 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Nope; service is based on Apple ID and/or SIM card not location of initial sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭turbowolfed

Cheers everyone! Will keep an eye on the price so

• Advertisement
Advertisement