Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private dining Dublin Southside

Options
  • 05-05-2019 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking for somewhere in or around Dunlaoghaire/Blackrock/Stillorgan/dalkey areas that could cater for a small party of approx. 23 adults & 10 kids (kids will have to stay all evening as all babysitters will be at the party, so nowhere that's going to want them off the premises by a certain time!).

Great food is a must! Planning on having a sit-down meal.

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Really depends on what you mean by meal.. Are you talking rolys bistro style/price or McDonald's

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Ruby31 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm looking for somewhere in or around Dunlaoghaire/Blackrock/Stillorgan/dalkey areas that could cater for a small party of approx. 23 adults & 10 kids (kids will have to stay all evening as all babysitters will be at the party, so nowhere that's going to want them off the premises by a certain time!).

Great food is a must! Planning on having a sit-down meal.

Can anyone help?

1909 in Dalkey has a private room. Food was certainly ok when I last ate there. Haven't seen the room, but as it sits 40 it might be perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IrlJidel

Have you looked at Beaufort mews in stillorgan. Has a safe garden out the back so kids can play hide and seek and run amok. From past experience priority is to sort out the kids otherwise none of the parents can enjoy the meal whether it's McDonald's or McMichelin

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Ruby31

uberwolf wrote: »
    1909 in Dalkey has a private room. Food was certainly ok when I last ate there. Haven't seen the room, but as it sits 40 it might be perfect

Gonna have a look at their site now...thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Ruby31

IrlJidel wrote: »
    Have you looked at Beaufort mews in stillorgan. Has a safe garden out the back so kids can play hide and seek and run amok. From past experience priority is to sort out the kids otherwise none of the parents can enjoy the meal whether it's McDonald's or McMichelin

I actually mailed them earlier! A friend of mine got married there a few years back & I did think the garden would be perfect. Thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Can recommend both Beaufort and 1909.

Also, the cafe part of the Orchard in stillorgan is worth checking out.

Beaufield!! It's Beaufield Mews!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IrlJidel

Beaufield!! It's Beaufield Mews!

Damn autocorrect!

Advertisement