Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MG ZS BEV, 44kWh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Doc el brown

I have taken a screen grab of the vrt calculation I did a few weeks ago and it is 439€. Are you saying it should be cheaper as the OMSP is wrong? Ill appeal it then too.

Thanks, and best of luck to you too. It will certainly stand out. Where are you based?
    Screen grab

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Screen grab

Yeah that's what I paid. There's no way it should be valued high enough to incur VRT but its because it's not on sale here.

I'm in Gorey but spend a lot of time in Dublin.

stesaurus wrote: »
    Yeah that's what I paid. There's no way it should be valued high enough to incur VRT but its because it's not on sale here.

I'm in Gorey but spend a lot of time in Dublin.

Ok well I will question it too and hopefully they will look at it.
    Where will you get yours serviced?

I'm in west Wicklow

Ok well I will question it too and hopefully they will look at it.
    Where will you get yours serviced?

I'm in west Wicklow

SERE in Belfast seems a good option. Hopefully with the MG5 out soon they'll finally arrange a dealership in the South.

SERE in Belfast seems a good option. Hopefully with the MG5 out soon they'll finally arrange a dealership in the South.

Hopefully yes. I was in SERE a few weeks ago to test drive the zs. They have a huge operation there and they are really sound folks too.

• Advertisement

KCross wrote: »
    The 6 month requirement to avoid VAT will be based on the date on the invoice that you produce when at the VRT

Hi KCross,
    Is this the date you bought the car, so it has to be more than 6 months old when you bought it in the UK? Thats my understanding.
    The car I bought was registered 31st Jan 2020 which is more than 6 months. And I bought it in the middle of August which is stated on the receipt from the dealer. I will avoid the duty.

Must give them a ring Monday to book in for a service!

And a BMS update for me haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Cool!!

Interesting bit in that article as well....

"It will be followed in the next few months by the MG 5 EV Sportswagon estate, which comes with a bigger 52.4kWh battery and a claimed WLTP range of 345km"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

BigAl81 wrote:
    "It will be followed in the next few months by the MG 5 EV Sportswagon estate, which comes with a bigger 52.4kWh battery and a claimed WLTP range of 345km"

I've seen a couple of reviews and they are all very positive. An ev estate is exactly the car I want.
    But, and a big But, its missing all the driver assists, no mg drive, no lane assist, no adaptive cruise control....these omissions make it of very limited appeal.

I've seen a couple of reviews and they are all very positive. An ev estate is exactly the car I want.
    But, and a big But, its missing all the driver assists, no mg drive, no lane assist, no adaptive cruise control....these omissions make it of very limited appeal.

The MG5 isn't a new model. It's basically a re-badged Roewe that's 3/4 years old.
    It will be priced similar to the ZS if UK is anything to go by. So you get extra range over the ZS but missing some of the newer features. Still going to be hard to beat value wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Let us know, if they have reservations dealing with a UK MG import..I hope they wont

k123456 wrote: »
    Let us know, if they have reservations dealing with a UK MG import..I hope they wont

I cant see them having a problem taking a booking if the car is an import, but what I can envisage is that they wont have the training and knowledge of how to fix issues if any arise. I can first hand report that this is an issue with many MG service centers in the UK inc Belfast. There is also a European (mainly UK input) MG ZS EV forum I follow where this is widely reported too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I cant see them having a problem taking a booking if the car is an import, but what I can envisage is that they wont have the training and knowledge of how to fix issues if any arise. I can first hand report that this is an issue with many MG service centers in the UK inc Belfast. There is also a European (mainly UK input) MG ZS EV forum I follow where this is widely reported too.

This has been the experience of MG customers since they returned to the UK in 2011. A pity they haven't changed. Worth checking around the floor underneath where they cut it to fit the battery pack. A known rust spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Dont you know that the irish version will probably be stripped down, and we will get the paddy spec. Thats why its prob cheaper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Round Cable

I can see why they waited until the end of the transition period to begin selling here. A low mileage top of the range one can be bought from the UK for €24k, while the lower spec one here will be €29k!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Given who the importer is, I suspect the reason Frank Keane are picking up the MG Import licence is due to Mitsubishi leaving the market, let's just say they have a gap in the group.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Article from electrive https://www.electrive.com/2020/11/11/mg-brings-evs-to-ireland-australia-new-zealand/
    MG Motor is expanding into Ireland in the company’s process of expansion in Europe. In Ireland, the company will only be offering plug-in models. MG has also officially launched its first ZS EV in Australia and New Zealand.

In Ireland, all three electric models will be sold starting this month. These are the all-electric MG ZS EV and new MG5 EV, as well as the plug-in hybrid MG HS Plug-in. The ZS EV will be introduced first. MG is partnering with the Irish distributor Franck Keane Group to bring electric MGs to Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

liamog wrote: »

Excellent news

MG5 EV looks brill, will definitely look at that

Estate
    156bhp
    52.5kWh battery
    340km
    0-100km/h 7.5 secs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭Kramer

Thierry12 wrote: »
    Excellent news

MG5 EV looks brill, will definitely look at that

Estate
    156bhp
    52.5kWh battery
    340km
    0-100km/h 7.5 secs

0-100 is quite slow though, but it does seem quite decent value.

Kramer wrote: »

That's not slow really not for 150 Hp, most average diesels are 9-12 seconds.

So is the generator available then like the Rex ?

Kramer wrote: »

Sure

If your driving a Tesla or Porsche it is

If you drive a Dacia like most MG owners its a rocket

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

If you drive a Dacia like most MG owners its a rocket

Moved from BMW 330e to MGZS EV and couldn't be happier.

BuzzFish wrote: »

Nice

Like all hybrid's it the worst of both world's with the 330e, only has 100bhp or so and over 10s to 60 in EV mode, needs that little 3 cylinder engine roaring hard to get anywhere near the ZS EV 0-60 of 7.6 secs with it's 353nm and 143bhp

Did you look at the MG HS hyrbid or wanted full EV?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

Nice

Like all hybrid's it the worst of both world's with the 330e, only has 100bhp or so and over 10s to 60 in EV mode, needs that little 3 cylinder engine roaring hard to get anywhere near the ZS EV 0-60 of 7.6 secs with it's 353nm and 143bhp

Did you look at the MG HS hyrbid or wanted full EV?

You don't know what you're talking about. The 330e does not have a "little 3 cylinder" engine.

My reply was more that it's not Dacia drivers that would drive the MG. The build quality of the MG is superb and the technology on board leaves the 330e for dead with MG pilot, lane keeping, cross traffic and pedestrian emergency braking etc.

Haha snap!

• Advertisement

You don't know what you're talking about. The 330e does not have a "little 3 cylinder" engine.

My reply was more that it's not Dacia drivers that would drive the MG. The build quality of the MG is superb and the technology on board leaves the 330e for dead with MG pilot, lane keeping, cross traffic and pedestrian emergency braking etc.

My bad I was confusing it with the 225xe which has the 1.5l 3 pot from i8

MG is aimed at the Dacia market, not BMW

Its an affordable Chinese car. didn't mean and offence

Glad you like it, will be looking myself

Advertisement