Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wide fitting casual footwear for bunion sufferer

• 06-05-2019 10:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭

Hi, does anyone know a shop that will sell casual footwear for a bunion sufferer? Am in Dublin.
    I can find wide fitting shoes but these are always just brown or black grandad shoes. Looking for something a bit younger.
    So at the same time it should be inexpensive non custom footwear.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

A lot of skate style shoes like vans and dc are a wide toe. Have you sought help from a chiropidist or your gp?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Find out what width foot you have, and get the next widest?

I get a EE boot, as it's comfortable, but found a D kills my feet.

Unfortunately, what the letters equals to in letters differ between brands.

But knowing the width will allow you to ring shops and check if they stock shoes that wide. Look at the low boots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

I have exceptionally wide feet. Finding shoes always a problem. Few years ago went looking for shoes, lad in the shop told me I had 'Americian Feet' :confused: . He was right :)

US widths are expressed in 'E' s. 2E is similar to a UK 'H'. 3E is wider and I need 4E. I believe that 6E is no wider than 4E but is deeper and so may be of use for those that need orthotics.

OP, hope this helps. As to style, 'brown grandad' sounds good to me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

0lddog wrote: »
    I have exceptionally wide feet. Finding shoes always a problem. Few years ago went looking for shoes, lad in the shop told me I had 'Americian Feet' :confused: . He was right :)
    I'm pretty sure Magnum goto EEEE, but I doubt shops would stock it. Used to get Magnum boots in Millets in Dublin (have since switched to Danner boots), and I'd say they'd be able to order them in for you. Don't know where they moved to from Mary St, though :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭Citroen2cv

Got a pair of relaxed fit sketchers after. Not massively wide but stretchy canvas material that accommodates the bunnion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭tamara25

I have some arthritis in my feet & need wide fitness shoes also. In the past I bought a lot of Skechers runners especially d’lites. Bought them off Amazon Uk. I’ve also bought new balance d width. If they don’t fit/suit you can always return them. I find amazon customer service very good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,151 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Shoehorn.ie based in Skerries have a wide fitting selection online

Advertisement