Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24" Kids Mudguards

Options
  • 06-05-2019 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of mudguards that fit a kids 24" bike? Also 20" would be handy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

I think I have a pair of SKS mudguards for a 20" bike. I bought them for my daughter's previous bike but never used them because the stock mudguards proved pretty good.

If they'd be of use I'll see if I can dig them out and you are welcome to them (for free, maybe just make a donation to a charity of your choice).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Very decent of you, thanks. I can cover postage at the least but would be in Dublin on weekend of 25th May if you're near there. Coming from Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

I dug out those mudguards, and it looks like all of the parts are there.

I've never fitted them to a bike, I bought them for a 20" bike but they appear to be the same size as the mudguards on my daughter's 24" bike so it's possible that they'd work for either size of wheel. As with any SKS mudguards I've ever fitted on my own bikes, you have to cut the metal stays to the appropriate length to suit and they are certainly plenty long enough for 24".

I also discovered that I have a pair of much shorter mudguards too, I suspect they may have come with one of my daughter's previous bikes. It's possible that they'd fit a 20" bike, they wouldn't provide as much coverage as the SKS ones above but they'd certainly provide some. They are basically more like the short mudguards you get for mountain bikes. You are welcome to those too if they'd be useful.

I'm in Dublin alright and expect to be around on the weekend of May 25th, we can sort out details via PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭pprendeville

on the ball

Advertisement