Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest shotgun competency course in Munster?

Options
  • 06-05-2019 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

I'm applying for a firearms license. I've been told i must have a competency course done to get the license.

My gun is a shotgun. Where is the cheapest and quickest (ideally 1 day course so i dont have to pay for accommodation) shotgun competency course in Munster?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭JohnFitz2332

GerryCarry wrote: »
    I'm applying for a firearms license. I've been told i must have a competency course done to get the license.

My gun is a shotgun. Where is the cheapest and quickest (ideally 1 day course so i dont have to pay for accommodation) shotgun competency course in Munster?

Hello! I did one at the Lazy Dog clay shooting range in Knocklong Co. Limerick. It was €40. I'm not sure if you'll get a better price than that, maybe someone else can chime in

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Most ranges as well as the NARGC run competency courses on a weekly basis. Prices vary from €30 to €90 depending on where you do it.

The course is between a half an hour, for the short courses, and a few hours for the better ones.

Below this post in my signature lines are lists of rifle ranges and clay ranges. You can click on the link and then check the counties that are closer to you. Once you find one give them a ring and ask when their next course is on.

Also worth dropping the NARGC a message by phone, message on Facebook, or some other medium and asking them when and where they are holding their courses for the Munster area.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭richiedel123

GerryCarry wrote: »

Heard there is a proficiency course going on in Tipperary next month if that's any use. It's the course I would be recommending because u get hands on safety training as well as theory end of it. They normally cost 30 quid or so which is grand for the experience u get

Advertisement