Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commit to room early or wait till August?

Options
  • 06-05-2019 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭

Daft is driving me daft! The plan is to move to Dublin to start work in September. I couldn’t help starting to research places now and am just about getting my head round the big costs involved.
    Anyway, sharing is the only option and I’m okay with that but needing parking and having location preferences mean options right now are more limited than I thought.
    Is there generally a freeing up of places in for example June / July when third levels are done¿
    If not I kinda feel I’ll have to secure a place soon even if I have to pay a couple of months and not be there. Every second ad I’ve seen is either females only or Mon to Friday only which again limits options regardless of location.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Trying to get accommodation in Dublin at the moment is nuts. Even if you do find one that meets your criteria there is no guarantee of you actually getting it as you're in competition with all the others that will view. My suggestion is look as early as you can. I wouldn't have thought third level students would be as late as July tbh, they finish earlier than that so student accommodation is cleared out so they can make a fourtune on renting it during the summer break.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Trying to get accommodation in Dublin at the moment is nuts. Even if you do find one that meets your criteria there is no guarantee of you actually getting it as you're in competition with all the others that will view. My suggestion is look as early as you can. I wouldn't have thought third level students would be as late as July tbh, they finish earlier than that so student accommodation is cleared out so they can make a fourtune on renting it during the summer break.

Thanks for the input. As a bogger, the Dublin accommodation world is just crazy so I guess no option but get on the crazy train sooner rather than later. Thanks.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Do you have any family in the area you could stay temporarily?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Do you have any family in the area you could stay temporarily?

No connects up there at all.

Advertisement