Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitting engine bars

Options
  • 06-05-2019 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭

Just looking for clarification ......is it ok to remove these engine mount bolts on either side? I just need to know the engine won't drop in the frame :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,993 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

If they are the only ones holding it then yes it will drop, but the chances of it only being held in by 2 bolts at the bottom are slim. But I'd still only remove 1 at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Right I'll wait and show a mechanic ....I fitted the upper part to these mounts so the bars are solid for now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Right I'll wait and show a mechanic ....I fitted the upper part to these mounts so the bars are solid for now

Does that mean that the bottom bar mount is sitting on the top of the bottom bolt....there's no issue taking all the bolts on one side at a time....

Does that mean that the bottom bar mount is sitting on the top of the bottom bolt....there's no issue taking all the bolts on one side at a time....

It's just offset from the bottom bolts .........the instructions do show details taking all 3 bolts out on each side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

What type of bike is it?.

I've done a good few with no problems.

• Advertisement

98 gsx 750

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

sonofenoch wrote: »
    98 gsx 750

I wouldn't go paying a mechanic.

If you're in Dublin you're welcome to drop over to my place and use my tools if you're stuck.

I wouldn't go paying a mechanic.

If you're in Dublin you're welcome to drop over to my place and use my tools if you're stuck.

Cheers.... not stuck as such, can get those bottom bolts off and have easy instructions on fitting......was just reluctant on taking those bolts out

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

Do one side at a time, should only take 30 mins max to fit them, don't worry your engine won't fall out ;)

Got it done in the end, more of a pain than anything else....there's a kind of floating triangular nut on the end of those bolts that locks in place for tightening/loosening .....it drops out when the bolt is removed, lining it up to get the bolt back in :rolleyes: .... a welded nut in there would have been nice

• Advertisement
Advertisement