Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three.ie Webtext Malfunction

Options
  • 06-05-2019 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

In recent weeks, following the upgrade of Three's Webtext service, I've found that some messages I send don't reach their targets.

When I reported this problem to Three by 'phone on 18 April, I was told I would receive an update by email within 5 working days. No email arrived.

I 'phoned Three on 29 April, and was told the problem was taking longer than expected to be resolved by its technical team, who would provide me with an update "by the end of the week". No update was received.

When I 'phoned Three yesterday I was told the technical team had reported the matter resolved. I explained this was not the case. In fact, I now see an on-screen message telling me when a text hasn't been delivered.

The agent undertook to raise the issue again with the technical team, but was unable to say when I would hear back from them.

Anybody else with a similar experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,710 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Very typical for Three. Their "upgrade" is more like downgrade, as usual. Not the first time they replaced simple and reliable feature by something awkward, confusing, buggy and low spec.

They claim they have technical team, in fact it may take them a couple of months to fix small issues typical teenager would solve in minutes.

I guess they make little or no profit from webtext thing, so I wouldn't expect them to treat it as something they have any priority to be up and running smoothly.

Get on with that or switch provider (which I actually did and my only regret is I did it so late).

Advertisement