Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Formula 1 Italy

• 06-05-2019 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Hi guys, I'm looking at travelling to Italy for the formula one this year and wondering has anyone any advice on where to stay, things to do in area and any other advice.

Thanks in advance

Carl

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

Hi

We did go to Monza about 12 years back, and i suspect most advice still stands. Not sure if you are attending just the race or plan to do qualifying on the Saturday as well, but be prepared for crowds either way, and plenty of walking. Are you going to book a package with tickets or do it yourself ? If you can get race tickets directly and you are comfortable doing it yourself, i would just organise my own trip.

Either way, I would stay downtown, lots of choices on hotels.com and others for central Milan. We did a package thing with one of the 'sports' travel companies in Dublin, and they were utterly crap. Stayed at a place in the northern suburbs called Leonardo a Vinci hotel, and it was neither here nor there for facilities. It wasnt close enough to walk to Monza, nor downtown. They screwed up our tickets too, didnt get what i (expensively) paid for grandstand wise. So be aware of packages....

Getting to and from the circuit is best by train from Milan central station if you stay in central Milan. Depending on what part of the circuit you are in, you can get the train to Monza Station, and utilise the black shuttle busses (a small extra charge) which bring you to the park gates (south east corner). Or go to Biassono Lesmo Parco in the north east. You will need to figure out where your seats are and decide that way. As we were at the Lesmo bends, we did get a train from Biassono Lesmo Parco into Milan when both qualifying and the race were over on Saturday and Sunday. We had had a bus transfer the morning of the race from the hotel, at stupid o'clock, which was not necessary.

Saturday qualifying was messy (our own fault), as we were coming from downtown Milan and should have gotten the train out to the circuit. However, we though we would grab a taxi, but this was a mistake. Traffic was horrid approaching Monza park, so we ended up walking to the park from about 2 km's away, but that was only to the park itself, specifically the south east corner @ Villa Reale. There was then a good 45 min walk through the park to actual circuit entrance, then onto our seats, another 25 mins. Moral of the story - get the train....It will be cramped and pushy and uncomfortable, but its the best option.

Use this link - its got lots of good info...https://f1destinations.com/getting-around-italian-f1-grand-prix/ . This site also has a great map showing the park and circuit layout, so you will understand what i am talking about above.

Milan has loads of shopping, good restaurants etc, typical Italian setup, and the weather is normally still quite hot and sunny in Sept. See the Duomo, Galleria Vittorio, the Scalia Opera house, Castello Sforzesco and see the Last Supper painting. Grab a hop on / off bus tour maybe. That should keep you busy.

Advertisement