Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway city renovation/extension prices & availability

Options
  • 06-05-2019 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭

Hi,

In Galway city, looking to buy, considering second hand. I keep reading about difficulty in finding builders and price inflation. Are prices much higher in Dublin compared to other cities? Are builders as hard to get, inflating prices in the west as much as they do in Leinster?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭nmacu

I'm in the same position. Also in Galway. Trying to decide between new house or second hand renovation job.

Can any builders in Galway give an idea of their current lead-in times to take on a job to do a full renovation of a second-hand house (i.e. new insulation, new kitchen and bathrooms, windows & doors, electrics, plumbing, plastering, painting, carpentry, possible attic conversion, etc.)?

Thanks.

Advertisement