Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July provision conditions

• 06-05-2019 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Has anyone had trouble 're applying for july position and issued form ext 01 application for an extension. I never heard of this before and don't know what to fill in under evidence of how I have addressed my condition to date and going forward. They are trying to stop sna's receiving a teacher council number which is needed in order to do July provision.
    Can anyone help with this as I am not considering an educational degree any time soon....ever.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Qualifications of tuition providers and requirements

As tuition takes place outside the usual school structure it is important that home tutors are qualified to provide an educational programme. Accordingly, it is acondition of the scheme that parents must recruit a tutor who is;
    a) Qualified in the sector in which the tuition is being provided
    AND
    b) Registered with the Teaching Council of Ireland.

Note: The teaching council registration must be valid for the duration of the scheme up to and including the payment date.

7.2 Where all efforts have failed to secure the services of a teacher qualified to teach in the sector concerned, the Department may consider the engagement of a person who is registered with the Teaching Council and has a primary degree (minimum Level 7
    on the National Framework of Qualifications) in a relevant area.

7.3 It is a requirement of the scheme that Tutors have to notify the Teaching Council of Ireland to make their details available on the Teaching Council website in order for this Department to verify that teachers have current registration. This is done by
    sending notification to the Council. Further information is available on www.teachingcouncil.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭rustopher

Thank you for your response. The information I am looking for relates to sna's only having 3 years of holding a teacher council number and then need to fill out new form for an extension explaining why they should get it. Sna's are been weened off this list so eventually only teachers are allowed to have a council number... so no more July provision. This means less tutors available to do this job.
    To add to this, I received a phone call from the dept of education today saying I can not do July provision this year ,i needed to do something else i wasnt aware of (stand on my head?) in order to continue it this year. All my paper work has been sent in, council number in tact but the reason for this I did not understand and it's very last minute. The parents and children I work with will be more than disappointed. They have 5 children ,4 with autism and too late to apply again.
    Please can anyone shed some light on this???

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Is it that you were initially allowed restricted recognition and that it has been withdrawn, perhaps?Do you have a level 7 primary degree?i would contact the TC directly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

Why is the teaching council giving teaching council numbers to people who are not fully qualified teachers?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭rustopher

Is it that you were initially allowed restricted recognition and that it has been withdrawn, perhaps?Do you have a level 7 primary degree?i would contact the TC directly.

It seems to be that sna s only get 3 years ( yes restricted) and now I have to ask for extension documents. I hadn't even sent it back before I got a call saying I can't do it as the council number will have lasped by this July. I couldn't update this on system because it isn't due until June! It's all madness!!! Yes I have a degree. I called TC today and they will get back to me once they have viewed my documents. Seems the dept have already made up their minds tho..

• Advertisement
Advertisement