Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weed grasses in Lawn

Options
  • 07-05-2019 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I started renovating my lawn last autumn. I had a severe moss problem which I have successfully eradicated by extensive scarifying. I overseeded with a deluxe no2 lawn seed mix from seed direct.

I installed an automower a few weeks ago and have noticed my problem with weed grasses (I think it’s Yorkshire Fog) seem to be getting worse. The weed grass is laying flat below the height of the mower blades and is spreading!

I’ve started using a spring tined rake to lift the leaves of the plant for the mower in the hope constant cutting will weaken it.

The overall appearance of the lawn is really annoying me. It looks like a pair of camouflage trousers with large areas of pale weed grass intermixed with very healthy dark green fine lawn grass.

Has anybody got any other suggestions for dealing with it? I don’t want to have to face killing the entire thing and starting over but I haven’t been able to find many other options.

Advertisement