Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting a business.

Options
  • 07-05-2019 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi everyone. A friend of mine is trying to start up a business. He wants to buy minibuses and use them to transport people from train stations or from bus stops to say the cinema etc....

Just wondering is that possible? If so, usually speaking, how much capital is required?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭red petal

Out of curiosity - what is his niche? Is there bus/train loads of people currently looking for transport to the cinema? Is it a rural area with a lack of services?

I imagine it's hard to put a price on capital needed without a lot more detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭ninjarambohd

red petal wrote: »
    Out of curiosity - what is his niche? Is there bus/train loads of people currently looking for transport to the cinema? Is it a rural area with a lack of services?

I imagine it's hard to put a price on capital needed without a lot more detail.

Yes, it's a rural area with not enough bus services.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

short answer is yes, while it is entirely possible to purchase a bus , your friend will have difficulty in keeping up with the administration and mechanical work required to run a bus service, and hence will not be granted a bus service licence.

most minibus in Ireland are running on PSV and Pre-hire conditions, and with this comes point to point transfer (not multiple stops).

The idea can still work , depending on a few factors, however I'd need to know more about the proposed route.

feel free to pm me with more details, and no , i'm not going to take your idea, my coaches are flat out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

its you..isn't it OP;)

anyway you'll have to have the correct license for driving those mini buses and that'll take time & money

are you positive there's no one in your area doing this already??

Advertisement