Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Printing Boarding Passes

• 07-05-2019 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

My wife, two children and me are flying from Belfast to Gatwick next week.

When I go into the ‘Print Boarding Passes’ link, the passes are shown on a page with some advertisements on the same page. Will our boarding passes be accepted if I copy and paste them into a separate word document and print them rather than printing out the page which has the advertisements on it along with the passes? It would reduce the number of pages I have to print from 8 to 4.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

I would advise against it to be honest ,there is a possibility of the QR being skewed in some way which is the most important bit of info on the boarding pass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Use the airlines app and have them all on your phone. Which should be charged ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

ted1 wrote: »
    Use the airlines app and have them all on your phone. Which should be charged ..
    +1
    whats wrong with using modern technology and getting a mobile boarding pass? Normally one person in a family has the bunch of passes, only here its all on a phone rather than paper.

manipulating barcodes on self crafted boarding passes could lead you to standing at the gate or security with wife and kids looking at you angrily as you are denied access and you need to go back and get a proper pass (i.e. find a desk, possibly wait in a queue and possibly pay dozens of euros each for a boarding pass re-printout )

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

+1
    whats wrong with using modern technology and getting a mobile boarding pass? Normally one person in a family has the bunch of passes, only here its all on a phone rather than paper.
    It won't apply to most people but for me, I travel using a lot of multi-city flights.
    The Aer Lingus app won't let me see these (have to use the website).
    Nothing stopping me opening the PDF but it's as handy to just print off the page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dennyk

+1
    whats wrong with using modern technology and getting a mobile boarding pass?

Mobile boarding passes aren't an option for everyone. Some people are technologically challenged, and some have old phones that aren't compatible with the airline's current app (and of course there's us dirty non-EU citizens who need hard copy boarding passes for Ryanair to stamp... :pac: ).

OP, if the advertisements are on a separate page from the boarding pass itself, you should be able to change your print options to only print the page containing the pass. Look for a "pages" option somewhere in your print dialog or print options screen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Acoustic18

Thanks for all the replies and advice, folks. Along with me printing them, Mrs A. will put them all on her phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭k123456

Not a bad idea to have a print out as a backup. My phone ran out of battery enroute to overseas airport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭finbarrk

k123456 wrote: »
    Not a bad idea to have a print out as a backup. My phone ran out of battery enroute to overseas airport

Yep, just print the page with the barcode thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Do a screen cap, import it into your image editor, crop and print. Had always worked for me. I like to have a hard copy back up just in case my phone goes tits up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Screen print or crop, no reason you would skew the QR unless you do something really silly
    Crop it out and then print what you need, not hard if you are careful

• Advertisement
Advertisement