Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not sure what to do

Options
  • 07-05-2019 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

I recently finished up in my job. I left as I was not happy there and it was causing me a lot of stress.

I registered for temping agency and have also been applying for jobs myself.

I have received confirmation today of a temp assignment. It is temp in that it is a 6 week rolling contract that they hope will go on for a while. There are people who have worked there for 3 years who are on this type of contract. Whilst this is not ideal. I would rather this, for now, that to go through the dose that is trying to claim social welfare.

I have an interview for another job tomorrow - this one isn't temp but I am not sure about it. It is a little like my last job, which as I say caused me a lot of stress. I am not sure it is 100% me.

Now my quandry, do I forego the interview tomorrow and take my chances with the temping. I feel from the job description that it is very much in line with what I like to do, I got a good vibe today at the interview and the people are lovely. So, I take that and keep an eye out for something more permanent as I go.

Or, I am afraid if I go to interview tomorrow, don't get it. Then I have given up the temp opportunity too. If I do get it, then I won't want to refuse it as it is an income coming in and I might not get another chance for a few weeks, but I don't want to accept it if I'm not going to like it, as I say I'm not 100% from the job description.

Any opinions please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

UpCork wrote: »
    I recently finished up in my job. I left as I was not happy there and it was causing me a lot of stress.

I registered for temping agency and have also been applying for jobs myself.

I have received confirmation today of a temp assignment. It is temp in that it is a 6 week rolling contract that they hope will go on for a while. There are people who have worked there for 3 years who are on this type of contract. Whilst this is not ideal. I would rather this, for now, that to go through the dose that is trying to claim social welfare.

I have an interview for another job tomorrow - this one isn't temp but I am not sure about it. It is a little like my last job, which as I say caused me a lot of stress. I am not sure it is 100% me.

Now my quandry, do I forego the interview tomorrow and take my chances with the temping. I feel from the job description that it is very much in line with what I like to do, I got a good vibe today at the interview and the people are lovely. So, I take that and keep an eye out for something more permanent as I go.

Or, I am afraid if I go to interview tomorrow, don't get it. Then I have given up the temp opportunity too. If I do get it, then I won't want to refuse it as it is an income coming in and I might not get another chance for a few weeks, but I don't want to accept it if I'm not going to like it, as I say I'm not 100% from the job description.

Any opinions please.

It is a temp job, not the rest of your life.

I'd not go to the other interview if it is just a repeat of the last job you hated.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,974 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Do you have to start ths temp job tomorrow? If yes then do it. If not, do the interview anyways and only decide if you get the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

why not do the temp job for as long as the contract lasts. doing it would give you the opportunity to gaon different experience and a chance to work in a different environment. that in itself can be good mentally.

going for.an interview for a job similiar to one you did.and which you didnt enjoy seems pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,574 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Why not do the interview and see about the other job. They won’t MAKE you come and do it if you don’t like the sounds of it and maybe it’s not wit you think it is.

Keeping your options open and exploring more possibilities is always a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

going for.an interview for a job similiar to one you did.and which you didnt enjoy seems pointless.

I've done the same job in two different workplaces and had two starkly different experiences.
    Do the interview anyway, see what the environment and employer are like, give them a chance and get rid of a 'what-if' from your life. They've given you that much.

• Advertisement
Advertisement