Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Company vehicle NCD proof

Options
  • 07-05-2019 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭

I have been driving a company vehicle for the last 7years but I am changing jobs shortly so had to get my own car. I have signed up with Axa and they are giving me credit for those years driving. They are looking for the following

1. Letter from insurance company confirming 6 years company driving experience
    2. Letter from employer confirming company driving experience

The letter from the company is easy to get, but I am wondering about the letter from the insurance co. I know they change insurers most years and I think this year they have gone to a fleet policy instead of each vehicle. So do I need a letter from each insurer? Or just the latest? And since it’s a fleet policy is there a chance I am not named specifically on it?

Has anyone been in this position before?(will talk to them in work tomorrow but would like to be armed with some info before I go in)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭treascon

You will need to get letters from all the various insurers and you won’t get anything for being covered under fleet as this doesn’t specify named drivers on the policy normally

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Thanks, was afraid of that, going to have to piece together the insurers, pretty sure they were with setanta the year they went bust

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

If your Name (and Date of birth) was even mentioned in any claim in the past 10 years any Insurer would be all over it if you had a crash and they wanted a reason not to pay out...

...Not totally helping you OP, but Rant over.

Advertisement