Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What can I do

Options
  • 07-05-2019 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭

Well, Im at the point of deciding whether to upgrade or sell, although really I think Id like to sell and move on, if I upgrade which is something this house is very suited to, then it would be cheaper and easier than buying and still potentially upgrading also.
    Ive raised a few problems with my neighbour and the response I got is they basically dont give a damn,

If I am to sell, the problem is they have an eyesore of a scrap vehicle in their garden, it has not moved for years, I honestly dont know why anyone else hasnt brought it up, but as I dont think they are moving, its less of or no concern.
    I think it will seriously put off buyers or mean Id have less interest or to take a hit in what sale price I might achieve.

Is there anyway of dealing with this, the neighbour does not give a $hit.
    Can I approach the council? will they or can they do anything about it?
    Ive read in the UK moving an unused vehicle is possible, I'm less inclined to think a council here will get around to anything like that.
    I would mind if it was old but clean or of some value, or even getting infrequent use but its a heap of $hite that hasnt moved in years.
    I cannot fathom the mindset of someone that will leave scrap in their front garden.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

This might sound ridiculous but what about offering to buy it from your neighbor? You will also have to pay to have it taken away and scrapped of course but if it solves your problem for a few hundred euros, why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭utmbuilder

I'll buy it on your behalf for "parts" then give it to a tow truck for free to recycle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

The serious answer here is nothing

You can do absolutely nothing.

Legally it's in his private property / garden so it's his to do as he pleases.

Have a chat with the owner, maybe they have plans to do it up, maybe it's scrap and sh!t to you but maybe it has sentimental value to them.

But be careful, very easy for you to sound very ungrateful in this situation......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

This might sound ridiculous but what about offering to buy it from your neighbor? You will also have to pay to have it taken away and scrapped of course but if it solves your problem for a few hundred euros, why not?

We are not on speaking terms, I asked them about something else as civily as possible and the response was hostile and annoyed as if they didnt do any wrong, basically the reply I got was "it doesnt affect me or bother me, its your problem" for something which they could have easily fixed and another which would require a bit of effort on their part.
    The vehicle itself is nothing worth keeping, they seem to be using it to store items, I dont think they would be willing to get rid of it to me even if we were speaking, Im thinking of contacting a solicitor to find out if their activities would warrant some action as I'd likely suffer a significant financial loss from it, not convinced it will get anywhere., dont know how they can look at it.

Advertisement