Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help..Bricks discontinued.

• 07-05-2019 10:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,211 ✭✭✭✭

Hi , I wonder if anyone here can help?
    We are building an extension to our semi detached house which requires a continuation of one line of decor bricks, which according to the main supplier in Dublin has been discontinued for the last couple of years. It means we are delayed finishing the brickwork , putting in windows and finishing inside until this issue is resolved.
    Does anyone know where else we could get these bricks ...Golden/ yellow Multiruff by Forterra...or similar match textured " extruded " facing brick ?
    We only need about 30 bricks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70,149 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,211 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Thanks for reply , but these are the main supplier ( and by their other name) that we tried.
    Looking to see if anyone in the business knows anywhere we might find end of stock in someone's yard for sale as they are not available otherwise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Ask the supplier who their main buyers have been over the last few years - they just might have some left over.

I imagine it would be rare for a scrap yard to have a modern brick.

You could omit the line, add an alternative feature or use a similar brick from another manufacturer - assuming it is on a different wall of a different age, the difference might not be too noticeable.

This building from about 1997 used a similar brick, but I don't recollect the manufacturer: https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.3441527,-6.2780958,3a,75y,142.19h,108.33t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sFLKPUalgbOQQC2pnMrnKig!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Victor wrote: »
    Ask the supplier who their main buyers have been over the last few years - they just might have some left over.

I imagine it would be rare for a scrap yard to have a modern brick.

You could omit the line, add an alternative feature or use a similar brick from another manufacturer - assuming it is on a different wall of a different age, the difference might not be too noticeable.

This building from about 1997 used a similar brick, but I don't recollect the manufacturer: https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.3441527,-6.2780958,3a,75y,142.19h,108.33t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sFLKPUalgbOQQC2pnMrnKig!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Yes , most scrap yards have older bricks from what we have looked at. Builder is going around the builders yards of main users of the brick in the past, so hopefully that will turn up something. Problem is, it is also along the bottom of the house and as we are semi , if we change the brick it's not going to look too good.
    That brick is similar colour wise but it's the texture that makes it stand out . Personally would prefer a plainer brick but don't want to be standing out for the wrong reasons !
    It's continuous along the front , so maybe we will have to change the brick to one of a similar colour.

Old thread. Can it be deleted, mods?

• Advertisement
Advertisement