Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Export permits and Brexit

Options
  • 07-05-2019 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Has anybody else experienced a large delay in getting stuff shipped from the UK due to delays in export permits being issued?

I have a few mags ordered from a UK vendor. Apparently, they're packed and ready to go on someone's desk just awaiting an export permit. Over 6 weeks now. Brexit has been mentioned as the major contributing factor.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I know it'll cause importing problems, but that is WHEN Brexit happens. As it stands now, they're still part of the EU so i wonder at that being the cause for the delay.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

As BREXIT has yet to take place [yeah, right....] such a wait is unacceptable. Why is there a need for export permits within the EU for magazines?

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭The pigeon man

Brexit is being used as an excuse for operational inefficiency and poor logistics management by far too many businesses.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I understand, as in i know why rather than it being a guess at, that Brexit has already caused problems with multiple things such as custom issues, borders, redrafting laws, and of course exchange rates. The pound has been up and down over the last 100 3 years since the vote to leave and businesses are passing that change onto the customer.

However this is not an economic issue and it cannot be a custom issue because at this moment in time England/UK is still part of the EU. It should require an import and export and that is it.

Any talk of issues with licenses (export/import) is either the seller pulling your leg or their supplier acting the dick for no legitimate reason. I mean if they're goingt to start trotting out those excuses before it happens then why not start imposing tariffs too! :confused::rolleyes:
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭alanmc

Hmmm, this is kinda what I'm thinking too.

Balls. I think I'm going to cancel and get them from mainland Europe.

I must admit, I can't come up with what the real reason behind the delay might be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

alanmc wrote: »
    Hmmm, this is kinda what I'm thinking too.

Balls. I think I'm going to cancel and get them from mainland Europe.

I must admit, I can't come up with what the real reason behind the delay might be.

Maybe they are going to inforce the regulation regarding the issue of private individuals importing firearm components without authorisation...I can just imagine how anal correct proceedures and paperwork will become when our Neighbours finally get their sh1t together...

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭merv35

Put in a order last nite for a magazine website says 3to5 working day grand 20min late get a email saying it’s going to take 2to3 weeks facking ragin

merv35 wrote: »
    Put in a order last nite for a magazine website says 3to5 working day grand 20min late get a email saying it’s going to take 2to3 weeks facking ragin

This sounds like the same site I ordered from. Got a similar email quoting a 2-3 week delay. 6 weeks later ....

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Asus1

Maybe try riflemags.co.uk and use parcel motel or addresspal,I got cz 10round magazine a few months ago and used parcel motel and had it 8 days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭merv35

E mail off dom

• Advertisement

Still no word on these mythical permits. I've cancelled my order.

Advertisement