Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Demand Control Ventilation

• 07-05-2019 11:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭

Doing a retro fit room by room of an old house
    Have started in a bedroom , insulating using gutex woodfiber on the walls and insulated plasterboard on ceilings but not really thought about a ventilation strategy

Currently there is no ventilation in the room at all. no trickle vents in the window or hole in the wall.

My plan was to add demand control (hole in the wall or window vent depending on the room) inlets as I go and then mechanical extract as I get to the wet rooms.

Has anyone used this system and how did you find it?
    Are there better/similar options in the same price bracket?

Also can the DCV window vents be retrofitted to windows with no current vents and does it affect the noise reduction properties of the window much?

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

I have it Installed and have specified it over the last ten years. I would vote whole in the wall vents. Retrofitting window vents would be a balls. Are there other systems - yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭booooonzo

Thanks Bryan,

Did you need to do any planning or is it literally one inlet per room and mev in the wet rooms.

Would you see any negative to doing the inlets as I go and getting an installer to do the wet rooms and extract then.

Also any rough indication on pricing?

Cheers

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Yes plenty of planning
    Yes
    Get 3 quotes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

booooonzo wrote: »
    Thanks Bryan,

Did you need to do any planning or is it literally one inlet per room and mev in the wet rooms.

Would you see any negative to doing the inlets as I go and getting an installer to do the wet rooms and extract then.

Also any rough indication on pricing?

Cheers

Agree with BryanF. I have it installed 8 years. No issues. I clean the fan out once a year, its amazing to see how much dust and crap it sucks out!. It has being a total success for us.

Advertisement