Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir Broadband

• 08-05-2019 9:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭

A year ago I got Eir fibre broadband. The installer ran a new line from a box on the road, drilled through my wall, and put one of those big boxes on the wall which has two sockets - one for phone, one for broadband. (I only use broadband)

I got my house rewired and it seems the electrician has replaced it with what looks like a standard phone socket. It looks nice and tidy -flush to the wall- but I plugged the F2000 router into it and just have the message "cable error"

Am I correct in saying these are two different types of boxes?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

He should have moved it if anything, not fully removed it. Call and ask what was done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

ED E wrote: »
    He should have moved it if anything, not fully removed it. Call and ask what was done.

He told me I should call Eir :rolleyes:

The wall was being plastered too but fairly sure the electrican removed it. Either way, it should be left working.

Just trying to get my facts straight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If OpenEir visit they may hit you for a €150 callout fee as its not their doing.

Do you have a network of phone ports around the house?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

ED E wrote: »
    If OpenEir visit they may hit you for a €150 callout fee as its not their doing.

Do you have a network of phone ports around the house?

Yes, I've no intentions of calling Eir for 10 minutes work that the electrician is well able to put right.

Wires have been run for network cable/cameras but that's down the line.. it's just a bunch of blue cables in the attic. All I agreed with the electrician was to leave the phoneline working in the same spot where it was before.

My priority now is to watch Game of thrones on the chromecast and work from home the odd day.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭babydoc

We have eir extreme broadband with anytime ireland/uk landline/mobile.
    Contract is up on 13aug..
    Special discount are up on that date.

Contacted eir to find out what it would cost to upgrade to 1GB/1000mbs with ireland/uk calls..
    115 first 6 months, then 125 after that....

Digiweb have same package for 85€ per month ( without eir sportsof course)..
    Saving 420 over the year

Vodafone. 40€ first 6 months then 115 after that....

Crazy not to switch providers..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 hako

I live in D1 around sheriff street upper area and I'm sure you all have seen Eir's coverage map with in 6 months, in 1 year etc... signs. I've been living in the area for more than 4 years and this map has changed wth 1 cabinet went live (from 7) and max speed they can give is 15Mbs. I think its a disgrace and the only available selection is Virgin if you want to surf properly. I was with Vodafone for 6 months and since they use Eir infrastructure during the peak hours (7PM-10 PM) I remember having speeds between 1-2Mbs.
    Is there any authority to get a proper explanation from Eir wtf they've beeb doing for the past 4 years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

babydoc wrote: »
    We have eir extreme broadband with anytime ireland/uk landline/mobile.
    Contract is up on 13aug..
    Special discount are up on that date.

Contacted eir to find out what it would cost to upgrade to 1GB/1000mbs with ireland/uk calls..
    115 first 6 months, then 125 after that....

Saving 420 over the year

Don't forget to add the cost of switching which is also charged by some/most? providers.
    Up to €170 from what I read .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

babydoc wrote: »

Saving 420 over the year

They all will use Eir infrastructure for that I presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Steveirl2010

EIR have wasted my time for the last hour and have been so unprofessional.

I called the loyalty department and spoke to a representive who put me on hold for 8mins and then hung up while i was on hold.

I called back Loyalty and spoke to a man who took all my details again and i have explained again that i have been over charged the last 3months 59.99 instead of 34.99 after signing up for a new 12month contract at 34.99

He said we will refund your bankk account there is no problem.
    He said i will transfer you to customer service so they can set this up and i will give them your details so you dont have to go through security again.

I got through and i am now 22mins on the call and i was asked all the security details again. The girl then said i can setup a refund case but it wont happen. WTF !

The problem i have is my company pay 30euro towards my monthly bill. so i pay 4.99
    If the bill is 59.99 then i pay 29.99
    If the next bill is 0.00 my company dont give me the 30euro
    so EIR are constantly putting me out of money ive explained this the last 4 times i have called.

If the refund does not happen into my bank account then i have no option but to cancel my direct debit.

All in all ive had a really bad experience with EIR over the last 2 months.
    The guy who setup the 12 month contract did not add the discounts.

Mr Carroll

Advertisement