Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut refuse to disclose their restrictions on transfers - VERY STRANGE

Options
  • 08-05-2019 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

My friend does not use Revolut and he owes me some money. I requested it from Revolut and he should have the option to pay into my Revolut from his credit card. I reqested just over €300 but the "pay for free" button was grayed out for him. I then went looking on the Revolut forum to see if there is a transaction limit. Found one post that said that an amount between 1 and 250 GBP is ok. So I changed the money request to €200. He could pay that. Then I sent another request for the remaining balance but the "pay for free is grayed out again".

Here's where it gets suspicious. I can't find information on how many transactions you can do in one day/month, etc. so I contacted Revolut. They CANNOT TELL me how long I should wait or in fact ANYTHING AT ALL about the restrictions. First they said they don't know, then they said they can't tell me.

Am I the only one that thinks this is very strange or has anyone else had this issue? I just want the balance of the money and it seems I can't get it without asking my friend to physically go to a bank and deposit it into my account! (this was the recommended course of action from Revolut help centre)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Hairdo

Mr.S wrote: »
    It’s not strange, the issue is that your friend is not on Revolut so it’s restricted on what you can do for free.

Why not just get him to sign up to Revolut, which is free and takes all of 2 mins, and then transfer you the money for free?

For various reasons he cannot at the moment. I find it strange that they can't tell the restrictions. This is weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

It's not weird at all, your friend isn't a Revolut customer which means his identity was never verified. There are money laundering concerns and they can't tip you off hence the reason they can't tell you much.

Advertisement