Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTX 1660Ti or single fan RTX 1060?

Options
  • 08-05-2019 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭

typo in title -should read RTX 2060

Looking at upgrading my graphics card at the moment as part of a gradual pc upgrade.

Currently have a gtx 960 so that's the first part i'm replacing, will move on to cpu, motherboard and ram later but they are fine for now and not bottle necking anything.

I've been looking at the two cards below and my preference is for staying with MSI as I'm used to them however the EVGA card is costing only about 50 euro more. I'm not in to overclocking but would like an opinion on which people would chose of these two. The rtx offers possibly a longer life cycle from what I've read but being a single fan and only a 2060 is that a falsehood over going for the cheaper but higher end of the 1660TI model?

https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GTX-1660-Ti-GAMING-X-6G

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=06G-P4-2063-KR

any opinions welcome, have my eyes worn out reading up on comparisons but most seem to compare full size 2060 cards.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

At 1080P I'd go for the 1660Ti, not a huge difference. If playing at 1440p, the 2060 is worth the extra €50 I think. Single fan should be fine, the 2060's isn't a hot running card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭pawrick

At 1080P I'd go for the 1660Ti, not a huge difference. If playing at 1440p, the 2060 is worth the extra €50 I think. Single fan should be fine, the 2060's isn't a hot running card.

thanks, that ties in with what I've read but good to get another opinion to confirm

Advertisement