Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childminder fees

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

1874 wrote:
    You demonstrated you didnt read the thread, they said earlier they get a payslip, Im wondering who is making it up (no puns intended originally until I read what I said) I mean adding it all up.

I missed the payslip comment my bad. I did however read the cash in hand comment, the I do this as a sideline comment. I also read the 5 euro an hour comment which is below minimum wage, the no holiday entitlement comment etc...... I made a couple of suggestions to the OP , lastly this is not the PI forum. I'm done.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Jane7939 wrote: »
    I don't get social welfare wher did I state that I did?? I'm only minding the kids a few weeks as I'm new to workforce after sometime ok

Then you are paid less than first year apprentice and completely underpaid. You would be paid more in a creche and have less cost. Considering there is almost full employment it would be stupid to work for that money and you should be able to get a job that pays more.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,083 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Jane7939 wrote:
    I use my own car yes its not a far distance....But I do clean all bedrooms and kitchen a clothes washing also make dinner

Do you have Nanny car insurance? You should have this & your employer pays this. It's a few hundred euro extra per year on your regular car insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

Anybody can mock up and print out a "payslip" it doesn't mean a damn thing.

OP, check with revenue are your employers registered and are paying employers PRSI. If they're not registered as your employers, you need to have a conversation with them.

They should legally be paying you at least minimum wage, depending on your age and experience, but as they are not complying with this, I highly doubt they are complying with Revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

meeeeh wrote: »
    People who took advantage of au pairs bolloxed up aupairing.

Ive no doubt people who took advantage of Au Pairing bolloxed up au pairing too, but why didnt the state intervene and fix that? define whats the difference between au pair and working, they are different.
    Instead they cack handedly interfered and made it so anyone who might avail of an Au Pair setup and there were businesses that sourced Au Pairs legitimately, and turned the familys into employers, what benefit did it have for an Au Pair who would not necessarily be here longterm, that the Irish State would collect PRSI on their behalf, aside from the fact that many people could afford that option as they could barter something they have (accomodation) along with a token agreed amount in exchange for the services of an Au Pair. Ive no doubt that individuals abused the situation, but then the State should have done something about that, it really looks like they are forcing parents who did no wrong into the arms of expensive childminding businesses as they now may have no alternative, or force them to leave their children in another environment where they have less control over what might go on or just simply push au pairing further into a blackmarket, where less skilled or able people carry out the work or risking the Au Pairs altogether, the parents and the children, its like other half baked ill conceived ideas that had come before in other areas that benefit no one but the worst.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

Don't let people take advantage of you. You are being grossly underpaid. Decide what you want before you start for a family so you can all get on the one page. Ask about bank Holidays, say you want notice for unpaid days so they can't just tell you that they don't need you on certain days and you are left short. Charge extra for extra cleaning. You shouldnt be doing more than light housework, cleaning up after snacks etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

Jane7939 wrote: »
    Omg why is my question Turing into debate on tax issues I do not get any other income only the 150 i get for childminding and would appreciate just a basic opinion to my question I don't nerd to know the law

On the contrary, you do need to inform yourself of the law or else you could find yourself in an awkward position with the Revenue Commissioners or Social Welfare later on.

What happens in years to come if you need to make a claim for a social welfare payment, and there is a large gap in your social insurance record? It could disqualify you from many schemes, such as maternity benefit, illness benefit or jobseekers benefit.

If these "employers" are not compliant and are not wiling to legitimise your employment status, then you need to find another job, for your own sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

OP has deleted her op so it doesn’t seem she is interested in taking any advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

OP has deleted her op so it doesn’t seem she is interested in taking any advice.
    Lovely! She clearly wasn't looking for a discussion or any questions!

Advertisement