Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snoring in business class

• 08-05-2019 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi all, I'm thinking of upgrading my husband to business class on a very long flight as a nice surprise. And he suffers with his back so the flat bed seat would be great for him. Only problem is he snores loudly for hours. How would this go down with the other passengers and flight attendants? Would like to hear if anyone has experienced this. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,340 ✭✭✭Homer

*most* people that I have seen travelling in Business class trans Atlantic would tend to wear some make of noise cancelling headphones. However, I would be pretty annoyed if I was beside somebody with an excessive snoring problem and I didn't have NC headphones :p Tell him t avoid alcohol or a anything else that would exacerbate the problem and as its a relatively noisy environment hopefully it won't be a major problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

It depends on who you are flying with but most business class services provide noise cancelling headphones. They also provide a bag of goodies that will definitely include a set of ear plugs.

The snoring would be much more of a problem in economy where it will impact many more people, many of whom won't have noise cancelling headphones and may not have packed ear plugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Greyhound79

razzler wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm thinking of upgrading my husband to business class on a very long flight as a nice surprise. And he suffers with his back so the flat bed seat would be great for him. Only problem is he snores loudly for hours. How would this go down with the other passengers and flight attendants? Would like to hear if anyone has experienced this. Thanks.

Well, this is definitely not my wife writing this, as it's she that snores loudly!!
    Have a fantastic holiday wherever you're heading to :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Duffryman

Well, this is definitely not my wife writing this, as it's she that snores loudly!!

+1. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭Odelay

I rarely hear snoring on flights. I think the engine noise drowns it all out. It’s never like in tv where people are casually chatting away, it can be a struggle to even hear the person next to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mx5ire

Honestly, I wouldn't give it a second thought. Planes are inherently noisy at the best of times, people use headphones, earbuds whatever to block out noise anyway, and if i am paying for business then i will snore if i want to ! I am lucky to usually travel at the front when going back and forth to the US, and frankly i see enough bad and ignorant behaviour from self important people that snoring wouldn't even register. Don't worry about it....

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭razzler

Thanks all for your replies, I won't worry so. The up side is I'm not travelling with him so I'll have a few weeks of quiet nightsðŸ˜

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭dennyk

He'd have to be a loud snorer to drown out the shrieking babies and toddlers you'll find on most flights (yes, even in business class these days!). Seriously, though, any light sleepers in business class will be wearing earplugs anyway, as there's always noise from people moving around, using the lav, and of course the plane itself is usually quite noisy unless it's one of the newer models. Won't be a bother unless he's actually got proper sleep apnea and some concerned passenger or flight attendant thinks he's having a medical episode of some sort when he quits breathing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,489 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

The same as everywhere else

It'll be horrible for those in close proximity however he's unlikely to ever meet them again so it's hardly going to matter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

If it's an airline with a 1-2-1 layout and he's in one of the single seats it really won't be an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,465 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

mx5ire wrote: »
    Honestly, I wouldn't give it a second thought. Planes are inherently noisy at the best of times, people use headphones, earbuds whatever to block out noise anyway, and if i am paying for business then i will snore if i want to ! I am lucky to usually travel at the front when going back and forth to the US, and frankly i see enough bad and ignorant behaviour from self important people that snoring wouldn't even register. Don't worry about it....

Firstly, why would anyone want to snore, secondly, if a fellow passenger was breaking wind and there was a lingering smell throughout the flight, would you be happy about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Just don't pick one of the twin seats on ba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Thanks all for your replies, I won't worry so. The up side is I'm not travelling with him so I'll have a few weeks of quiet nightsðŸ˜

Tell him to sleep on his side in foetal position; it will reduce the snoring.

Advertisement