Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance certificate

Options
  • 08-05-2019 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭

I am just wondering if a motorcycle Insurance certificate has to be printed on any type of special paper?
    I notice my car insurance certificate is printed on embossed paper. Up to last year my m/c insurance certificate was printed in colour on heavy paper. But this year the certificate arrived as a photocopy ,in black and white, on cheap paper.

As I tend to do a good bit of travel I am worried I might have difficulty convincing any police that it is a genuine certificate.

Perhaps the certificate is no longer considered such an important document anymore but the n I wonder why car insurers go to such trouble with their quality prints.

Am I worrying about nothing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,982 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I've never gotten any fancy printed cert. I was stopped and asked to produce once and argued with the Garda that it was emailed out for us to print. She eventually accepted it. I put this down to her (and other garda) not knowing bike certs are issued differently to cars etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Motorbikes only need to provide Tax and Licence on the spot. Insurance certs can be provided a later date, if requested.

The email and PDF's should be proof of insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Mine were emailed to me: as you don't need the insurance disc (as cars do), there's no need for bonded paper etc.

All that's relevant is 'a' piece of paper with the cert number and info on it, for presentation if required.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 33,981 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Have the pdf on your phone.forget printing out. Waste of time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭rock22

Thanks . I just wasn't sure

• Advertisement
Advertisement