Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit rating across the border

Options
  • 08-05-2019 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

Born in Dublin, living in the North for the last 15 years. Up to a couple of years ago my credit rating was always excellent/good, however for several reasons it is now poor. I am hoping to relocate to the Republic within the next year. Can you tell me if credit ratings in the north are taken into account in the republic when applying to open an account/for a credit card/mortgage etc. please?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

Hi,

Born in Dublin, living in the North for the last 15 years. Up to a couple of years ago my credit rating was always excellent/good, however for several reasons it is now poor. I am hoping to relocate to the Republic within the next year. Can you tell me if credit ratings in the north are taken into account in the republic when applying to open an account/for a credit card/mortgage etc. please?

Many thanks.

Hi North2South,

Thanks for getting in touch.

When you apply for credit with Bank of Ireland in ROI we do not check any UK credit rating service.

We would check with the Central Credit Register and the Irish Credit Bureau. Please see the attached link here from our website regarding the Irish Credit Bureau and checks we would perform on applications.

Many Thanks

John

• Registered Users Posts: 3 North2South

Thanks a million for the info John

Advertisement