Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equity Release

Options
  • 08-05-2019 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Hi,

Just finalising a large home improvement project. The project has been funded pretty much 50/50 cash and debt (personal loan). When the job is finished it was my intention to have the home revalued as we have added about 40 sq m to the property and expect this to add some value to the house. It is our intention to refinance out this personal loan by way of an equity release. 

Given that our existing mortgage and the bulk of the personal loans are with BOI - how hard is this process and secondly, is it 80% LTV or 90%?

Thanks in advance 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

Lash_Alert wrote: »
    Hi,

Just finalising a large home improvement project. The project has been funded pretty much 50/50 cash and debt (personal loan). When the job is finished it was my intention to have the home revalued as we have added about 40 sq m to the property and expect this to add some value to the house. It is our intention to refinance out this personal loan by way of an equity release.

Given that our existing mortgage and the bulk of the personal loans are with BOI - how hard is this process and secondly, is it 80% LTV or 90%?

Thanks in advance

Hi Lash_Alert,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us today.

I have attached a link to our 'Existing Customer' Mortgage information page here - it will provide you with information on Equity release and the process of applying for this. It also contains useful information on how you can apply to change the interest rate on your Mortgage that you may find useful.

To discuss this further and any other queries you may have can you please call our Mortgage team on 01 6113333 and an advisor will be happy to help you.

Many Thanks.

John

Advertisement