Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

The interior on the current series models is the same as the ID.3 1st models, so I guess we'll know soon enough. Bob Flavin mentioned the same was said about the Golf 8 interior in his video review.

I think this is a pretty recent video, still of the pre-production model.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭return guide

Press cars are being released on Friday in Germany, we should see some youtube reviews by the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Just so people know pricing and ordering for the “Series” production won’t be released in Ireland until 2021.

The order window that’s opened today is for customers who didn’t pre book the first models, they can now order from the remaining pool of Firsts that weren’t taken.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

L-M wrote: »
    Just so people know pricing and ordering for the “Series” production won’t be released in Ireland until 2021.

The order window that’s opened today is for customers who didn’t pre book the first models, they can now order from the remaining pool of Firsts that weren’t taken.

What's the reason for delay, I would of expected ordering to open around mid November in time for 211 deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

• Advertisement

That's a bit of good news for prebookers, how are August deliverys looking...

Unlikely I think. Lots of them are built or being built very soon but not left the factory. I honestly don’t know, I’ll keep ye updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Some nice shots of it...

Is the hitch behind the number plate standard on the 1st? They show it near the end of the video you linked

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Redlim

Mr Q wrote: »
    Is the hitch behind the number plate standard on the 1st? They show it near the end of the video you linked

Not sure if it comes with the 1st but it's not for towing as the car isn't rated for it. Seems to be for attaching a bike rack only.

Mr Q wrote: »

It's an option in some countries, I think it can be retrofitted at dealers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

liamog wrote: »
    It's an option in some countries, I think it can be retrofitted at dealers.

I asked the dealer to price it and he said that it comes in 2 parts, and costs €1090.81 plus VAT and Labour costs. They won't be selling many of them anyway.

You can get a quote from liberty they have the ID3 listed..
    €684.12 fully comp with the oh named and first time company car insurance, €346 if private insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭heron_joe

You can get a quote from liberty they have the ID3 listed..
    €684.12 fully comp with the oh named and first time company car insurance, €346 if private insurance.

Thanks. Based on above, if we transfer existing insurance to the id3, could we expect money back on the policy?

rx8 wrote: »
    I asked the dealer to price it and he said that it comes in 2 parts, and costs €1090.81 plus VAT and Labour costs. They won't be selling many of them anyway.

Plenty of people often pay 1500 and more for genuine Towbar’s for other models so I can’t see this being any different.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭return guide

Plenty of people often pay 1500 and more for genuine Towbar’s for other models so I can’t see this being any different.

But the ID3 can not tow, the towbar allows a bike rack to be fitted

But you would be paying for fitting a tow bar to a car that is not rated to tow. The "tow bar" is to allow the bike carrier to be fitted.

Honestly that nearly why more people get a Towbar fitted.

That or as a reversing sensor/aid.

heron_joe wrote: »
    Thanks. Based on above, if we transfer existing insurance to the id3, could we expect money back on the policy?

Not sure what you mean, you'd get a refund on your current insurance if switching to liberty.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Shango

That's a bit of good news for prebookers, how are August deliverys looking...

Are all the german reviewers not saying they are getting theirs in Sep? I cant see us lolely islanders getting them before german pre-bookers?

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Sent a email to the dealer yesterday asking for any updates on the ordered car and the standard ID3 prices. Answer for both was no information but we sent another email to VW Ireland.🤦*♂️

I'd say LM is on the button, you won't see Irish orders going infor the non first before Xmas here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

I'd say LM is on the button, you won't see Irish orders going infor the non first before Xmas here.

I wonder why? Italy went online as have others now.

eagerv wrote: »
    I wonder why? Italy went online as have others now.

I'd say it's either not to upset us or it's got to down with re-tooling the assembly line, might do a short run and get us out of the way and concentrate on LHD for a few months.
    UK can't still order their first..

I'd say it's either not to upset us or it's got to down with re-tooling the assembly line, might do a short run and get us out of the way and concentrate on LHD for a few months.
    UK can't still order their first..

I see the UK will only be getting the Plus, think they are a bit pisssed off, we must have got all their 1sts.:) Perhaps a bit of politics in play..

Just spotted this on Facebook, look where they've put the light switches... Is there a light stalk you can use like a trad car..

116020241-10218643905870404-8345584739216701179-n.jpg

I can see what they were trying to do, the gear selector on the side of the instrument cluster would of blocked the light controls if they had just mirrored the LHD models.
    I'd assume there is a way to do high beams/flashing on the stalk, so most of the time you'd just leave your lights set to auto.

liamog wrote: »
    I'd assume there is a way to do high beams/flashing on the stalk, so most of the time you'd just leave your lights set to auto.

I'd hope so auto headlights don't always get it right.

I think it looks a bit strange, was hoping they would put the gear selector on the left of the speedo on RHD models so as to mirror the LHD cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

eagerv wrote: »
    I think it looks a bit strange, was hoping they would put the gear selector on the left of the speedo on RHD models so as to mirror the LHD cars.

That would have been the correct thing to do, but costly to make a new setup. Cheaper to just change the dashboard. The gear selector should have been on the light and the light controls on the right like every other model in RHD.

The main beam can be controlled from the stalk.
    Middle is dimmed. Forward is permanent headlights, and towards you is for flashing the headlights.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

Definitely looks a bit odd there??

• Advertisement

Is it the same as a golf two stalks, left is for lights and right for washers. Hard to tell from the picture.

Advertisement