Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Cyrus wrote: »
    fair enough

i guess it depends on how often you do more than 220km and if that inconvenience is worth changing a car you like that aside (if you want to change anyway its all the same!)

what cars give a pretty much gteed >300km range?

I considered that when i was buying it - said to myself its once a month but as it turns out, its more often!!

I don't want to change, i only have my car 10 months. Would just love more kms!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,028 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I considered that when i was buying it - said to myself its once a month but as it turns out, its more often!!

I don't want to change, i only have my car 10 months. Would just love more kms!!

changing a pcp 10 months in will most likely not work.

Cyrus wrote: »
    changing a pcp 10 months in will most likely not work.

I will wait until its a minimum 12 months, am looking at options now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭McGiver

We were travelling out towards Spiddal so needed a top up either there or on the way home. My range is 220kms and we done 260kms in all when we got home.

Carnmore just out of Galway near the M6 is your choice to charge.
    https://www.plugshare.com/location/91284

Not Newcastle in Galway, that one's very busy as you've seen. Only 1 DC charger in the whole city and total 2 DC chargers in 20km radius is a disgrace though, no discussion about it :(

McGiver wrote: »
    Carnmore just out of Galway near the M6 is your choice to charge.
    https://www.plugshare.com/location/91284

Not Newcastle in Galway, that one's very busy as you've seen. Only 1 DC charger in the whole city and total 2 DC chargers in 20km radius is a disgrace though, no discussion about it :(

Cheers, never knew about that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭McGiver

McGiver wrote: »
    Yeah it was not clear which of the gizmos actually reduce the regen at motorway speeds. It may be some of the assist stuff on the max

Anyone who test driven it, did you check this?
    Would be interested to understand if it really turns off regen at higher speeds.

I will wait until its a minimum 12 months, am looking at options now though.

I don't think it will work out after 12 months, when I test drove the e-soul last year, think the i3 would have been around 2.5 years old then, the Kia dealer was giving me a good bit less than what I owed. You could say a BMW dealer might give me more and they might but I really think you'll have to wait until the end of the PCP or until you reach where depreciation slows down to the point you will have some value left in it after the PCP.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

KCross wrote: »
    I asked VW Ireland about the VAT rate reduction on 1 Sept 2020 and they have confirmed that the RRP will drop by 2% accordingly.

So, that means a cheaper ID.3 1st edition for prebookers. Once the 6 months is up and the rate goes back to 23% it will return to the higher price.

Checked with my dealer today, they’ve said they are passing on the Vat reduction as well.

And also said they are still expecting end of Aug for the cars to arrive with early Sep customer delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

https://de.motor1.com/reviews/435405/vw-id3-2020-im-test-volts-wagen/

Not sure if anyone put up a link to this review from motor1, lots of pictures. The light grey colour looks better all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Checked with my dealer today, they’ve said they are passing on the Vat reduction as well.

And also said they are still expecting end of Aug for the cars to arrive with early Sep customer delivery.

I finally got a reference number for my car order today. The dealer also said that all his orders getting production weeks 33/34. All the cars will be shipped together once manufactured. The delivery is still expected in September. He also said that they have no clarity what’ll be included in the 1st movers club, which I find rather bizarre after we all got an email from VW about the options. I also asked about the vat reduction being passed on to customers but apparently he’s got no comment from VW as it’s very new for them. Although he can’t see why it wont be done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

VAT reduction is being passed on.

Cars won’t be regged until after September 1st to allow for the VAT reduction.

I finally got a reference number for my car order today. The dealer also said that all his orders getting production weeks 33/34. All the cars will be shipped together once manufactured.

I had it in my head that all the 1st edition cars were already made and were being stored up in big parking lots over the last few months.... we've seen the pics of them.

But maybe the RHD cars are not. Maybe they are only being produced now. That would be a good thing I have to say. I'd rather be getting the car "fresh" and after initial production issues were ironed out.

From all the orders we have only one or two are now built, and they were only produced recently. So I’d say anything seen already was probably left hand drive stuff or at least for other markets

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Any update on when the non firsts will be available?

lafors wrote: »
    Any update on when the non firsts will be available?

H1 next year is the indication. I presume they’ll hold them off until the firsts are sold. I doubt we’ll get “all” the variants released in Germany but who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Maerlokw

Got confirmation today from my dealer that the new RRP with the temporary reduced VAT will be confirmed on the 10th or 11th of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭heron_joe

I finally got a reference number for my car order today. The dealer also said that all his orders getting production weeks 33/34. All the cars will be shipped together once manufactured. The delivery is still expected in September. He also said that they have no clarity what’ll be included in the 1st movers club, which I find rather bizarre after we all got an email from VW about the options. I also asked about the vat reduction being passed on to customers but apparently he’s got no comment from VW as it’s very new for them. Although he can’t see why it wont be done.

Surely whatever was mentioned with respect to the first movers club on the VW website will have to honoured? Did pre-bookers here get confirmation of first movers club membership via email?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭quokula

I'm having trouble finding reliable information - I'm aware that the Max edition comes with all the advance driving assists, but what do you get on the basic model? Does it have adaptive cruise control?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

quokula wrote: »
    I'm having trouble finding reliable information - I'm aware that the Max edition comes with all the advance driving assists, but what do you get on the basic model? Does it have adaptive cruise control?

Booklet on 1st editions here..

https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:b3f9a0ef-1bf6-40f1-86d8-26be66af76f5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

quokula wrote: »

Yes, it is in the product guide on the VW website "Adaptive cruise control ACC stop & go incl. speed limiter" and also Lane Assist and Front Assist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Casati

Mr Q wrote: »
    Yes, it is in the product guide on the VW website "Adaptive cruise control ACC stop & go incl. speed limiter" and also Lane Assist and Front Assist

Is the basic model not the ‘Standard’ spec - Ie steel wheels, plastic steering wheel and no mention of cruise?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Casati wrote: »
    Is the basic model not the ‘Standard’ spec - Ie steel wheels, plastic steering wheel and no mention of cruise?

No, the base 1st comes with a number of items as outlined in the booklet above

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭quokula

Thanks for the help, I couldn't find that booklet on their website. It explains a lot of details.

There is no standard version in Ireland as yet.
    Only 1st, Plus and max.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Casati

eagerv wrote: »
    There is no standard version in Ireland as yet.
    Only 1st, Plus and max.

Okay get you - that 1st seems to have everything you need really.

So the standard will be the basic version once the 1st editions are sold?

Casati wrote: »
    Okay get you - that 1st seems to have everything you need really.

So the standard will be the basic version once the 1st editions are sold?

Yes it seems reasonably well equipped, so much so that it makes the Plus and Max seem expensive for what is basically the same car.
    Ok, the 1st is missing a few items that many are now used to such as reversing camera, rear armrest etc, but all in it seems good value.

I would imagine the higher priced 1sts are much harder to sell, not just here. All the glossy beautifully photographed youtube "tests" seem to be concentrating on the Max and its' various assist systems. VW haven't released any photos or tests yet on the 1st base model except for a few basic brochure pics.

I see in the brochure these features on the ID.3 1st

- "Navigation system “Discover Pro” incl. streaming & internet"

Does that suggest that things like spotify are going to be possible via the cars SIM card rather than through your phone?

- "Car 2X Technology car-to-car wireless information transfer"

I have to say I havent heard of this "Car 2X" thing before but it appears its in other VW's already.
    https://www.volkswagen-newsroom.com/en/stories/car2x-in-the-new-golf-a-technological-milestone-5919

It sounds good but whats the reality. Any existing VW owners any experience of it or how useful it is?

EDIT: It appears its relatively new tech and the Mk8 Golf is the first VW to get it and obviously now the ID.3 as well, so I'd imagine it will be limited in its usefullness until there is a critical mass of cars on the road that support it and the local authorities start using signs/vehicles that emit the signal. Its cool though. At least it has it for the future.

I see in the brochure these features on the ID.3 1st

- "Navigation system “Discover Pro” incl. streaming & internet"

Does that suggest that things like spotify are going to be possible via the cars SIM card rather than through your phone?

- "Car 2X Technology car-to-car wireless information transfer"

I have to say I havent heard of this "Car 2X" thing before but it appears its in other VW's already.
    https://www.volkswagen-newsroom.com/en/stories/car2x-in-the-new-golf-a-technological-milestone-5919

It sounds good but whats the reality. Any existing VW owners any experience of it or how useful it is?

Unable to answer any of your questions but it's good to see all versions of the 1st getting the better system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XtUuOG9h8M

Id3 and ID4 livestream review from batterylife who is obsessed with ID3s.

• Advertisement

there's a pic going around of an ID3 & ID4 parked together and even though they are on the same MEB platform (correct me if i am wrong) but the ID$ looks much bigger - almost Tiguan sized.

Advertisement