Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

charlieIRL wrote: »
    there's a pic going around of an ID3 & ID4 parked together and even though they are on the same MEB platform (correct me if i am wrong) but the ID$ looks much bigger - almost Tiguan sized.

Isn't Tiguan a golf underneath? - I thought that was the case?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

catharsis wrote: »
    Isn't Tiguan a golf underneath? - I thought that was the case?

I always thought the Tiguan was slightly bigger, when you sit in it there seems to be more space

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XtUuOG9h8M

Id3 and ID4 livestream review from batterylife who is obsessed with ID3s.

He is certainly enthusiastic:). But his English is good and easy to understand.

Nice to get a view of the 1st with 18" wheels, thought it looked as good as the Plus and Max. Doesn't appear to have the light coloured strip above the side windows merging in with the C Pillar design, which in effect I think doesn't make the roof look so tall.
    Just wish we could get a good view inside...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

The id3 first has lane assist. Am I right in assuming that the id3 will correct steering input to stay in lane? Or does just alarm if you wander from lane?
    I rented a car in Munich earlier in the year, they gave me a new Merc E200. It all all kinds of driver assists, collision avoidance. A truck to the right of move moved towards me and I swear it moved out of the way, takes a bit of getting used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

njburke wrote: »
    The id3 first has lane assist. Am I right in assuming that the id3 will correct steering input to stay in lane? Or does just alarm if you wander from lane?
    I rented a car in Munich earlier in the year, they gave me a new Merc E200. It all all kinds of driver assists, collision avoidance. A truck to the right of move moved towards me and I swear it moved out of the way, takes a bit of getting used to.

I asked the same question earlier in the thread. Basically we don’t know until we see some reviews of it.

It could just be lane departure warnings with gentle nudges on the steering and not full lane following where it keeps you centred in the lane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Sorry, I'm only picking through this thread.
    The autoflegl reviewer mentions a capacitive sensor built into the steering wheel. That Merc I drove knew when my hands were on the wheel. I guess we'll find out when someone gets behind the wheel of a production model.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jack lemmon

From VW Ireland............

We expect to have the first delivery of the iD 3 models arrive into our Volkswagen Dealers in mid to late September 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

there's a pic going around of an ID3 & ID4 parked together and even though they are on the same MEB platform (correct me if i am wrong) but the ID$ looks much bigger - almost Tiguan sized.

The iD4 will be the Enyaq from the B pillar back.

https://www.auto.cz/skoda-enyaq-iv-takhle-nejak-bude-vypadat-elektricke-suv-z-boleslavi-134402

• Registered Users Posts: 31,066 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

BBMcQ wrote: »

That is one damn ugly car.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,028 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Lumen wrote: »

Side profile is as bad as I’ve seen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Lumen wrote: »

Its not necessarily the real car.

It's a graphic that someone has done - where they guessed based on the camouflaged examples what the real car will look like.

The miss match between the rear side window and the tailgate glass is absolutely woeful.

Cant see Skoda repeating that on real cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭McGiver

BBMcQ wrote:
    The iD4 will be the Enyaq from the B pillar back.

According to the article, these are mock-ups from some Russian car server. So I'd wait.

Saying that - the camouflaged car is a bit different than the yellow Vision IV concept car.

But on the other hand, the camouflaged ID3 also looked crap and the ID3 looks quite better than that so.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭D_BEAR

The MEB platform will be used on different size cars the same way the MQB platform is used for the Polo up to the Arteon.
    They are modular platforms used to save money over many different sizes of car with the same drive layout.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

There were several articles recently where a Chinese website leaked the vehicle dimensions, apparently the information was posted with some government ministry there.

If the info is correct, the ID.4 looks to be about the same size as the current Tiguan

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

The first video I have seen of a 1st (Not Plus or Max) with interior shots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6Ao8toqhTk

From about 3:20, looks as good as the much more expensive models, but no shots of the seats as yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I’ve to stop watching those Videos my YouTube Algorithm thinks I speak German now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

L-M wrote: »
    I’ve to stop watching those Videos my YouTube Algorithm thinks I speak German now.

I've to stop driving my GTI, every day I like it more. This better be good, are they sold out and people waiting on one?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Shango

I've to stop driving my GTI, every day I like it more. This better be good, are they sold out and people waiting on one?

Have the same with my focus ST, so much fun those hot hatches, hopefully we wont be left bored...

The E Golf with its 130 BHP wouldn’t leave anyone bored.

Instant torque and constant acceleration is just a completely different driving experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Had a message from the dealer this morning to say that he can now apply for the EV grant. So things are starting to move at last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

rx8 wrote: »
    Had a message from the dealer this morning to say that he can now apply for the EV grant. So things are starting to move at last.
    The dealer asked for a recent electricity bill yesterday so he can apply for the grant when the car is in Ireland. He will also share the VIN when it’s available.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

The dealer asked for a recent electricity bill yesterday so he can apply for the grant when the car is in Ireland. He will also share the VIN when it’s available.

any update on delivery dates?

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

kris_2021 wrote: »
    any update on delivery dates?

Nope. Apparently they’ll ship all built cars together for September delivery. No exact dates given.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

Nope. Apparently they’ll ship all built cars together for September delivery. No exact dates given.

thanks. will ask my dealer next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭return guide

Things are starting to move...

https://youtu.be/a8JzmyhE_Ic

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Things are starting to move...

https://youtu.be/a8JzmyhE_Ic

Wow, looks to be around 100 that are visible in that shot, and that's just 1 train

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Great to see a good balance of Makenna!

I’ve seen a Golf 8 in Moonstone Grey and it’s a fantastic colour. It’ll look brilliant with the contrasting wheels/roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Great to see a good balance of Makenna!

The colours had no additional cost in some other countries. So people probably picked more of a mix when they had a free pick.

Mr Q wrote: »
    The colours had no additional cost in some other countries. So people probably picked more of a mix when they had a free pick.

To be fair the Cost of metallic rarely rarely sways someone on colour buying any standard car, so o doubt its any different on this. The factors being Moonstone is actually a nice colour, Makenna is obviously a very non traditional colour and the Manganese being a bit conservative. People aren’t used to paying for White either! That’s my detailed analysis of ID.3 colours lol

• Advertisement

To be fair the Cost of metallic rarely rarely sways someone on colour buying any standard car, so o doubt its any different on this. The factors being Moonstone is actually a nice colour, Makenna is obviously a very non traditional colour and the Manganese being a bit conservative. People aren’t used to paying for White either! That’s my detailed analysis of ID.3 colours lol

I would have been happy with any of the colours, though would like to see the Moonstone on a typical Irish grey damp winter day! May not look too bad, as it seems quite bright. But other similar colours can look a bit miserable..

Went for white, think it looks good with the black roof. And it's metallic which normally looks better than the flat whites. The missus has a white Ioniq and it's always nice and cool in hot weather. (though the black roof on ID3 may negate this). Also stays clean looking longer. I was out earlier in my blue Honda and the heat was unbearable without aircon on. Her car was relatively cool no aircon needed.

Some colours suit some cars, hate white BMWs. But I think the sparkling white really suits the Tesla M3.

Until we see them on the road it's hard to know what colour looks best on the ID3. From inside I would be happy with any of them..:)

Advertisement