Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭mike_2009

re-release of Irish ID.3 brochure last night - dated today. Differences from June's edition highlighted. (Old - Red, New - Green)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Shango

mike_2009 wrote: »
    re-release of Irish ID.3 brochure last night - dated today. Differences from June's edition highlighted. (Old - Red, New - Green)

Good work dude, the loss of connectivity for nav is ok because of android/apple auto right, and the other minor changes in range and accel dont really bother me. Nice to see final values though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I presume as speed increaces so does the range difference, what average speed are those ranges based on, there all well over 500km in city driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭return guide

Shango wrote: »
    Good work dude, the loss of connectivity for nav is ok because of android/apple auto right, and the other minor changes in range and accel dont really bother me. Nice to see final values though.

I think the acceleration figure of 7.5 sec is a typo as the German and UK sites still have it at 7.3.

Nothing about the 3 month PCP payment for free though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

The first three payments for free and for Pre bookers and were communicated to them also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭3d4life

2200+ kg :confused:

Around the same as a Model S - any theories why ?

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

3d4life wrote: »
    2200+ kg :confused:

Around the same as a Model S - any theories why ?
    It’s a gross vehicle weight.

From wiki:

The gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR), or gross vehicle mass (GVM) is the maximum operating weight/mass of a vehicle as specified by the manufacturer[1] including the vehicle's chassis, body, engine, engine fluids, fuel, accessories, driver, passengers and cargo but excluding that of any trailers.[2] The term is used for motor vehicles and trains.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭return guide

L-M wrote: »
    The first three payments for free and for Pre bookers and were communicated to them also.

I pre-booked the car in June, ordered in July before the cut off.
    It wasn't communicated to me, I had to ask the dealer by email and he struggled to find any reference to it.

I hope all prebookers are aware of this benefit, just in case their dealers are not aware or forget to apply it.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭3d4life

@Rusky, I get that, but its significantly more than a M3 and well up there with the much bigger MS. Is the battery tech much heavier than Tesla's ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

To be fair the vast majority of pre bookers would have booked last year. Probably fell between two stools.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

@Rusky, I get that, but its significantly more than a M3 and well up there with the much bigger MS. Is the battery tech much heavier than Tesla's ?

I posted the curb weights of a number of popular evs a while back. At work now on phone but iirc id3 is about 1600kg. 50 kg lighter than the smallest battery tesla m3

It wasn't communicated to me, I had to ask the dealer by email and he struggled to find any reference to it.

I hope all prebookers are aware of this benefit, just in case their dealers are not aware or forget to apply it.
    The 1st movers club offer was communicated via the email from Volkswagen ID on the 17th of June

“Finally, for those Pre-Bookers who order their ID.3 1st within the 4-week order window and take delivery before 1st November 2020, they will be eligible to join the ID.3 ‘1st Movers Club'*. These 1st Mover Club members will be able to choose from the following incentives:
    - For customers who purchase their ID.3 1st via VWFS PCP, VWFS ID.Plan or VWFS Operational Lease finance options, they will receive their first 3 months finance payments free-of-charge.“

eagerv wrote: »
    I posted the curb weights of a number of popular evs a while back. At work now on phone but iirc id3 is about 1600kg. 50 kg lighter than the smallest battery tesla m3

According to Volkswagen.de the unladen weight of ID3 1st is 1794kg.

According to Volkswagen.de the unladen weight of ID3 1st is 1794kg.

Yes it looks as though I may be a little low with my figures, apologies.. I checked VW's quoted curb weights a long while ago, it seems to have put on a little weight since...:)

But it does get a bit complicated as often the EU quoted weight includes a driver and (?) 10 kg luggage. I suppose until Bjorn drives on to his weighbridge we wont have a comparison with other similar cars...

Surely if you ordered within the window and you were a 1st pre-booker you will be eligible to one of the three first movers options?

I told them I wanted the service/maintenance option. (Not taking out VW finance and already have a home charge point). They just noted it on my order, they never mentioned it until I asked them about it.

The Email is in the future tense. "They will be eligible", so if you haven't done so already I suggest you get on to your dealer ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jack lemmon

eagerv wrote: »
    Surely if you ordered within the window and you were a 1st pre-booker you will be eligible to one of the three first movers options?

I told them I wanted the service/maintenance option. (Not taking out VW finance and already have a home charge point). They just noted it on my order, they never mentioned it until I asked them about it.

The Email is in the future tense. "They will be eligible", so if you haven't done so already I suggest you get on to your dealer ASAP.

Very poor roll out of this car regarding communication from VW to the dealers and dealers to costumers.
    My experience is, ordering the car and putting down deposit back in June. The dealer knew very little to nothing about the car never mind the 1st movers offer. I’ve contacted him twice since and he still knows as much.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I think you are mixing up kerb weight and gross vehicle weight.

Kerb weight is the total mass of the vehicle with all equipment and consumables, it's common for EU manufacturers to include a 75kg driver in the figure, whereas in the US this is not included. The gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) is the maximum the vehicle is allowed to carry when fully loaded (excluding trailers).

So according to the vw.de 1,794kg is the kerb weight and 2,260kg is the GVWR. The Tesla Model 3 SR according to the manual, has a kerb weight (including driver) of 1,684kg and a GVWR of 2,060kg.

This means the ID.3 1st is about 110kg heavier than the base Model 3, but can carry 90kg extra weight (376kg vs 466kg)

Very poor roll out of this car regarding communication from VW to the dealers and dealers to costumers.
    My experience is, ordering the car and putting down deposit back in June. The dealer knew very little to nothing about the car never mind the 1st movers offer. I’ve contacted him twice since and he still knows as much.

True, even VW Ireland have very little info on the car, I asked them for a few pics of the 1st so we could see what we are getting. All they had were the few basic brochure pics. Even headquarters seem to be keeping the base 1st locked up, not allowing any access yet. I wonder why? This looks like it's their more popular model at the moment.

VW-I-D-Sperrfrist-16-12-2018-00-00-Uhr-MEZ-lightbox-7bdec27-1240626.jpg

That's the pattern on the seats I think...won't make much odds when your sitting on them..

That's the pattern on the seats I think...won't make much odds when your sitting on them..

I don't mind them, probably as good as the more expensive models..

• Advertisement

There the same shape you just get different material on the plus/max and you don't get the extenders for your legs in the front.
    Ski hatch/cup holder is missing in the back seat as well I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I have to agree, total lack of information or interest from the dealers. In the local VW garage, there's one guy who does all the EVs and he told me that VW was giving him information at the same time as we were getting it.

I can understand his position, but truth be told if the car dealers were really interested in selling these things then they'd be chasing VW for info and not letting it go.

Given how things are going to an agency model in Germany, where you buy the car direct from VW, I suspect that it'll go the same way here and the car dealers are going to be cut out of the loop completely

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Bit of a random question, does anyone know if the driver assist systems will work on the continent? Say if I was driving an ID.3 in France and switched on the Travel Assist, would the car try to throw me over onto the left lane?

I think it's just lane keeping, so it'll try to stay in whatever lane the car is in currently, which presumably would work anywhere that has lane markings, but it'd be good to know

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

That looks like the pre-production model from last year.

Based on the recent brochures the colour of the seats on the 1st base model is different (darker) to that.

Bit of a random question, does anyone know if the driver assist systems will work on the continent? Say if I was driving an ID.3 in France and switched on the Travel Assist, would the car try to throw me over onto the left lane?

I think it's just lane keeping, so it'll try to stay in whatever lane the car is in currently, which presumably would work anywhere that has lane markings, but it'd be good to know

I guess I've answered my own question to an extent.

I looked at the video on Battery Life where he goes through the manual and it seemed like all the assistance systems worked on both sides. In other words, if you're in the left lane on the continent (fast lane) and it detects a slow moving car ahead, the travel assist should be okay suggesting a lane change to the right hand lane.

It seems to leave the decision over which lane you should be in to the driver, which makes sense as it's an assistant, not fully autonomous.

I didn't spot anything in the limitations where it said it would disable the system in other countries, so until we see otherwise I think it's okay to say the Travel Assist will work on the continent :)

Hmm, I hope that's not the pattern. Very base model Polo look to it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

Hmm, I hope that's not the pattern. Very base model Polo look to it :(

How else are they gonna make money on them?

Battery alone is probably over €7000

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Thierry12 wrote: »

A lot of people wont purchase because of the interior. If the ID.3 had the exact interior of the Golf 7/7.5 it would probably sell more, even if at a higher price.

I think the majority of people purchasing the ID.3 are new to VW rather than repeat buyers.

Thierry12 wrote: »

It's not the material as such, more the pattern. Personally I'd prefer a plain fabric

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

So today I also send my grant related informations. Delivery still good for September but no details and he wasn't sure about VAT reduction.

I actually like this seat pattern better than plain.

Advertisement