Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

L-M wrote: »
    What exactly do you want to know?

The options were simple enough

€1,000 toward Vw charger
    Free servicing
    3 free payments

Choose any one of the above.

As I understand it it depends on what finance route you take.

If you go for HP you only get the option of 3yrs servicing or the €1k contribution towards a charge point, but you dont get the 3 free payments option.

This was the wording I got...
    - For Pre Bookers who purchase their ID.3 1st via VWFS PCP, VWFS ID.Plan or VWFS Operational Lease finance options, they will receive their first 3 months finance payments free-of-charge.
    -For Pre Bookers who purchase their ID.3 1st with a VWFS Hire Purchase agreement or via alternative means such as without Volkswagen finance, they can choose between a €1,000 contribution (incl. VAT) towards an ID.Charger Wallbox or alternatively, a free 3-year service and maintenance plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Yeah, sorry.

That’s kind of obvious as someone paying for the car could try take a 30k loan over 12 months and get 9k off the car, with the other options they are at least a min/max amount.

Someone putting in a 10 percent deposit on PCP might save 650*3 and someone putting in 30 might save 500*3. It’s the same thing anyway as the latter will pay less interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Yeah, sorry.

That’s kind of obvious as someone paying for the car could try take a 30k loan over 12 months and get 9k off the car, with the other options they are at least a min/max amount.

Someone putting in a 10 percent deposit on PCP might save 650*3 and someone putting in 30 might save 500*3. It’s the same thing anyway as the latter will pay less interest.

My question is will this be written somewhere, like in the pcp contract or some other legal document? Email with a promise doesn’t cut it. Like i said before, during the ordering of the car in June the local dealer knew nothing about the offer.

KCross wrote: »
    My local dealer has confirmed today that the OTR price is €33700 (i.e. the full VAT decrease is being passed on).

And they also have got a delivery date. Expecting the cars to arrive at the dealership the week of Sept 7.... depending on ship sail times/covid etc.

My question is will this be written somewhere, like in the pcp contract or some other legal document? Email with a promise doesn’t cut it. Like i said before, during the ordering of the car in June the local dealer knew nothing about the offer.

It’ll all happen when you’re collecting it, they obviously can’t give you any of the above before you actually pay for and collect the car?

You have an email confirmation of it, I can’t see what more you want?

The service plan is a contract that can only be set up once the car is registered.

The finance is also something that can only be set up when the car is registered.

Likewise, they aren’t going to give you €1,000 off the charger until you take possession of the car

• Advertisement

The service plan is a contract that can only be set up once the car is registered.

Do you have any details on the service plan?

Its a 3yr "free service" but considering that the ID.3, I believe, only requires a service every 2 years what is that actually worth?

How much is an ID.3 service going to cost if you dont take the service plan? Any guidelines on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,030 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

surely 3 months free payments is the deal to take?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭drumm23

My local dealer has confirmed today that the OTR price is €33700 (i.e. the full VAT decrease is being passed on).

Great price.

They are going to sell an absolute ton of these.

I can think of a bunch of people I know (friends and family) who will move to this car that wouldn't have jumped onto the Tesla/i3 bandwagon.

It’ll all happen when you’re collecting it, they obviously can’t give you any of the above before you actually pay for and collect the car?

You have an email confirmation of it, I can’t see what more you want?

The finance is also something that can only be set up when the car is registered.

Likewise, they aren’t going to give you €1,000 off the charger until you take possession of the car

I don’t have a confirmation from the dealer. The people who sent the email fobbed me off and told me to talk the dealer. Every time i was talking to the dealer i knew more than they did about the car so I’m not convinced. The last thing i want is to find out on the day of collection that they still know nothing ab the offer and be eur1500 out of pocket.

Do you have any details on the service plan?

Its a 3yr "free service" but considering that the ID.3, I believe, only requires a service every 2 years what is that actually worth?

How much is an ID.3 service going to cost if you dont take the service plan? Any guidelines on that?

Cyrus wrote: »

Thats not an option if you go the HP route.

Regardless, Im still generally interested in what the service plan and schedule and service costs are likely to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Cyrus wrote: »

Not if you are not using VW financing and already have a charge point..:)

I am also interested to know what servicing and maintenance means. On another source it was rumored of consumables such as tyres being included, but who knows, cannot find source.

Edit. Perhaps my memory is incorrect and it's the free winter tyres some countries I think are including.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

eagerv wrote: »

I am also interested to know what servicing and maintenance means. On another source it was rumored of consumables such as tyres being included, but who knows, cannot find source.

There's some limited info here. Looks like tyres are in the large package only

https://www.volkswagen.ie/en/offers-and-products/new-car-offers/id-finance-and-care.html

Medium package includes brake and wipers

Since those are basically the only consumables on the car, I don't think those packages are worth it, unless you're getting them for free like with the 1st movers club

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

eagerv wrote: »

Some detail is given here with S/M/L service plans detailed
    https://www.volkswagen.ie/en/offers-and-products/new-car-offers/id-finance-and-care.html

They are a little light on detail though....
    S is a BS service really
    M adds brakes and wipers.... :rolleyes:
    L adds something around tyres but doesnt really go into detail.

Its hard to quantify what the 3yr service plan they are offering is actually worth, which is why Im asking. Is it one of those 3 plans, if so, which one?

If it included 3 years worth of tyres it might be worth something.

I really think that’s only there to offer people something who aren’t taking finance and already have a charger. Of which are few and far between

I really think that’s only there to offer people something who aren’t taking finance and already have a charger. Of which are few and far between

Get a free charger and sell it for cash :D

Some detail is given here with S/M/L service plans detailed

They are a little light on detail though....
    S is a BS service really
    M adds brakes and wipers.... :rolleyes:
    L adds something around tyres but doesnt really go into detail.

Its hard to quantify what the 3yr service plan they are offering is actually worth, which is why Im asking. Is it one of those 3 plans, if so, which one?

If it included 3 years worth of tyres it might be worth something.

Yeah it seems like it just spreads the service cost over a 12 month period, no real financial saving behind the Small package

The other ones maybe, I imagine the tyre replacement in the Large package is probably just 1 set within 3 years or a set mileage. Again, just spreading the cost.

Until the terms & conditions are released, we don't have much to go on

Got a reply from the dealer. No firm information about the offer, ID app or service interval and price....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,030 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Yeah it seems like it just spreads the service cost over a 12 month period, no real financial saving behind the Small package

The other ones maybe, I imagine the tyre replacement in the Large package is probably just 1 set within 3 years or a set mileage. Again, just spreading the cost.

Until the terms & conditions are released, we don't have much to go on

On the Audi service plan for e tron you get one set of tyres in a 3 year period but only replaced for wear and tear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

So just to clear this up, the majority of you here will be getting your cars without having test driven it if they don't get testers by September...which seems is likely.
    ???

Oh and if they announce a VW ID4 before you get your car, can any of you see yourselves cancelling and switching?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I was told ages ago the tyres were at 40,000km, I'd rather put a set of pilot sports on it than the Bridgstones.
    Didn't seem like a good idea, they weren't sure what needed servicing, some wipers and a fluid top up, VW aren't expensive for service anyway.

• Advertisement

lafors wrote: »
    So just to clear this up, the majority of you here will be getting your cars without having test driven it if they don't get testers by September...which seems is likely.

We (or at least I anyway) have been told that I can test drive their demo model before committing to buying.

Their demo model and the customer cars are arriving at the same time alright though so it is a case of a quick test drive and make up your mind asap.
    Oh and if they announce a VW ID4 before you get your car, can any of you see yourselves cancelling and switching?

The ID.3 is here is a few weeks. ID.4 is a year away at best and is in a different segment, so doesnt interest me.

Yea I was told the same, KCross I assume you've a deposit down as well?
    Drive wise, 200bhp and RWD it has to have a bit of character. Not up with the GTI/R but still better than most golfs.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

I was told I would lose my deposit if I decided not to buy the car .

We (or at least I anyway) have been told that I can test drive their demo model before committing to buying.

Their demo model and the customer cars are arriving at the same time alright though so it is a case of a quick test drive and make up your mind asap.

The ID.3 is here is a few weeks. ID.4 is a year away at best and is in a different segment, so doesnt interest me.

Ok well that's good once they are giving you that option. I'd just be a bit worried that a massive maker like VW can't get a test car out before the actual deliveries.
    Also been reading that the test drives are being controlled a bit by VW (fake News??). If that's anyway true I'd be very worried if waiting on one.
    I don't think there's an issue physically with the car, their manufacturing will be spot on but with the reported issues with the software on the golf 8 (according to dealers I've spoken to when asking about the id3) then it's worrying. Big car manufacturers are not software companies and not use to OTA updates.

Anyway hopefully it's great and there's no issues. I'm seriously considering one.....once all yours are fine :D :pac:

No way, that's BS by them! What dealer is that do you mind saying?

It was ordered online, I know they refunded the deposit then got the dealers to take the deposit again, I'd be very surprised of them legally being able to keep the deposit, it was without doubt a distance sale my view.
    https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer/shopping/shopping_online.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

No way, that's BS by them! What dealer is that do you mind saying?

This was always the stated case. Test drives were never on the agenda.

The no refund “policy” was stated face to face with the dealer.I questioned it stating it was a distance sale and was sight unseen- no test drive. They said they would keep the deposit as the would incur the delivery charge and be left with a car they would need to sell.
    Anyway I have my fingers crossed I will have no doubts once I see/drive the car.

They won't be able to sell the car?? VW said 36,000 on the waiting list the other day..
    I doubt car dealers are too well up on distancing selling, I never understand the delivery charge, should be part of the price.

• Advertisement

They won't be able to sell the car?? VW said 36,000 on the waiting list the other day..
    I doubt car dealers are too well up on distancing selling, I never understand the delivery charge, should be part of the price.

I couldn’t agree more !!!

Advertisement