Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Where has the 36000 demand come from? I booked with vw last week of June, transferred to the dealer two weeks later. Is the demand outside Ireland or did Ireland get a large initial allocation.
    So far all looks good to me. I only found out about the 2% Vat reduction and 3 initial PCP payments weeks after I booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,168 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'd say it's all around Europe, could be a slight waiting list for the 1st here it's good value compared to the pro and max.
    Screenshot-20200819-231909.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jack lemmon

I couldn’t agree more !!!

If it was we’d be paying VRT on the delivery cost also

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

If it was we’d be paying VRT on the delivery cost also

It can be a separate line item to avoid VRT. VRT is based on the market selling price of the car, not including extras like delivery

I think a lot of the frustration comes from the fact that you go to the website and it has one price, then you go to the dealer and then suddenly the price went up because of various "packages" they're trying to add.

Personally I would happily take a fully online system like what Tesla do. If all of the delivery charges and extras were stated up front and you could pick and choose what you want then it'd be much easier.

Then the dealership is reduced to a simple pick up and drop off location, which is all it needs to be. You could even pay extra for the car to be dropped to your door, I'm sure there are a lot of folks would happily save themselves the journey

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

drumm23 wrote: »
    Great price.

They are going to sell an absolute ton of these.

I can think of a bunch of people I know (friends and family) who will move to this car that wouldn't have jumped onto the Tesla/i3 bandwagon.

My dealer did tell me that they could have sold ten times as many entry firsts. Perhaps an exaggeration.

• Advertisement

It can be a separate line item to avoid VRT. VRT is based on the market selling price of the car, not including extras like delivery

I think a lot of the frustration comes from the fact that you go to the website and it has one price, then you go to the dealer and then suddenly the price went up because of various "packages" they're trying to add.

Personally I would happily take a fully online system like what Tesla do. If all of the delivery charges and extras were stated up front and you could pick and choose what you want then it'd be much easier.

Then the dealership is reduced to a simple pick up and drop off location, which is all it needs to be. You could even pay extra for the car to be dropped to your door, I'm sure there are a lot of folks would happily save themselves the journey

Okay I take your point, and I’d be happy to buy a new car using the Tesla system you mention. As interacting with the dealer should not be necessary when buying straight with cash/finance.

I think it’s pretty well know though that delivery is an extra cost on top of the new car price.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

eagerv wrote: »
    My dealer did tell me that they could have sold ten times as many entry firsts. Perhaps an exaggeration.

They probably aren't too far off. The ID.3 1st is good value against a diesel Golf, the ID.3 1st Plus, offers ok value when compared to the high prices of other EVs on the market (Koreans), the Max just seems overpriced for what you get.

liamog wrote: »
    They probably aren't too far off. The ID.3 1st is good value against a diesel Golf, the ID.3 1st Plus, offers ok value when compared to the high prices of other EVs on the market (Koreans), the Max just seems overpriced for what you get.

They also told me that there was no problem with people getting the entry level model if they were a pre-booker. VW must be supplying many more than was originally anticipated, hence I wonder if that is the reason the UK aren't getting this model. Their ordering only started when ours was well under way.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭DriveSkill

I think its got to be an exaggeration. I mean they are technically still available to order according to the VW Ireland website so that would imply that they have availability. Not sure whether the full allocation for Ireland was ever fully pre-booked but even if it was there is a percentage of people (like myself) who dropped out late on and didnt convert. Not sure all of that slack would be taken up by "late-comers" especially when if you wait another 2-3 months you can see the full options battery spec etc.

I think it will eventually sell very well but the market for people to buy a car without seeing it in the flesh is still small. I think when its in showrooms you will have people going in to look at the Golf and then switching to the ID.3 !

DriveSkill wrote: »
    I think its got to be an exaggeration. I mean they are technically still available to order according to the VW Ireland website so that would imply that they have availability. Not sure whether the full allocation for Ireland was ever fully pre-booked but even if it was there is a percentage of people (like myself) who dropped out late on and didnt convert. Not sure all of that slack would be taken up by "late-comers" especially when if you wait another 2-3 months you can see the full options battery spec etc.

I think it will eventually sell very well but the market for people to buy a car without seeing it in the flesh is still small. I think when its in showrooms you will have people going in to look at the Golf and then switching to the ID.3 !

I think he meant the entry level 1st. Yes I am sure a 1st Plus or Max could still be ordered no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭NEDDURC

Spoke to a dealer today - they still have a small number of ID3 1st's to order now to get in a 4-6 weeks according to him but limited colours on the standard model.

When are the next batch due in Ireland / non 1st editions?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

All the 1st are long gone.

Few PLUS left alright.

I’ve never seen the level or pre ordering on any new Vw before, even die hard Golf buyers wouldn’t buy without seeing it.

I’m actually starting to get excited myself, think it’s going to be a brilliant car. Provided we can get stock I can’t see any reason why we can’t absolutely wipe out the competition.

L-M wrote: »
    All the 1st are long gone.

Few PLUS left alright.

I’ve never seen the level or pre ordering on any new Vw before, even die hard Golf buyers wouldn’t buy without seeing it.

I’m actually starting to get excited myself, think it’s going to be a brilliant car. Provided we can get stock I can’t see any reason why we can’t absolutely wipe out the competition.

Yes, I must admit, I am getting a bit excited myself hence the reason I am trying to get info from wherever.

I don't think it's a matter of "wiping out" the competition though, there's plenty of room for all, though some may have to look at their pricing a little.... (Looking at you Hyundai):)

NEDDURC wrote: »
    Spoke to a dealer today - they still have a small number of ID3 1st's to order now to get in a 4-6 weeks according to him but limited colours on the standard model.

When are the next batch due in Ireland / non 1st editions?

I sincerely hope it’s not another 6 weeks before my car is in anyway, that’s into October!!

I sincerely hope it’s not another 6 weeks before my car is in anyway, that’s into October!!

No you are on the first boat.........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

If the delivery date creeps into October I don’t think I could convince myself to go ahead with the purchase. Too late in the year for me, it’s even pushing it to take it in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

They should all be on the same boat in September.

In ID related news, looks like first production version of the ID.4 just left Zwickau

https://www.electrive.com/2020/08/20/vw-id-4-production-kicks-off-in-zwickau/

Seems the reveal will be around Sept 23rd, interestingly VW are letting the Skoda Enyaq get premiered first on 1st Sept. I wonder what the logic behind that is?

https://cleantechnica.com/2020/08/20/skoda-enyaq-iv-nearly-ready-for-its-electric-launch/

I wonder will they do a launch edition for the ID.4 like the ID.3. I kinda doubt it since launch editions don't seem to be VW's thing, but they might have a restricted number of trims/battery sizes like what they have for the ID.3 at the moment

Looks like the interior dash is pretty similar if not the same as the ID.3

Looks like the interior dash is pretty similar if not the same as the ID.3

I'd say it's pretty much exactly the same, looks like a direct copy. Seems like the ID.4 is literally just a bigger ID.3, which personally I am entirely happy about

• Advertisement

Keeping costs down!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭NEDDURC

ID3 PCP rate reduced to 3.9% today from 4.9%

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

NEDDURC wrote: »
    ID3 PCP rate reduced to 3.9% today from 4.9%

Source? I was in the dealership and wasn’t told ab the reduced rate. Though they said that for 1st movers a 33 Months pcp is available, I.e. with 3 months for free although at an unknown rate.

The first test I have seen of an entry 1st. (Haven't watched it all yet.
    Apparently there were some test drives in Belgium today according to FB.

The first test I have seen of an entry 1st. (Haven't watched it all yet.
    Apparently there were some test drives in Belgium today according to FB.

Just FF quickly and a few things are confirmed - no auto dimming mirror, no seat pockets at the back of the seats, no ski hatch. It’ll be a spartan interior. At least the seats can be split 60/40.

Just FF quickly and a few things are confirmed - no auto dimming mirror, no seat pockets at the back of the seats, no ski hatch. It’ll be a spartan interior. At least the seats can be split 60/40.

Yes still cannot get a decent view of the interior, will be a bit spartan, but looks almost as good as the more expensive ones. Couldn't see front armrests but hope they are there.
    Liked the wheels..

Also from what I could make out from the translation you don't have to power up car when you get in. Just put your foot on brake, select gear and drive. Handy if it's on the entry model.

Also from what I could make out from the translation you don't have to power up car when you get in. Just put your foot on brake, select gear and drive. Handy if it's on the entry model.
    I think this feature is on all the 1sts

Yes still cannot get a decent view of the interior, will be a bit spartan, but looks almost as good as the more expensive ones. Couldn't see front armrests but hope they are there.
    Liked the wheels..

Yeah, I’m comparing it to the previous gen polo my wife has. Soft dash but hard plastic everywhere else. She does have a lights and vision pack though;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭McHonda

Source? I was in the dealership and wasn’t told ab the reduced rate. Though they said that for 1st movers a 33 Months pcp is available, I.e. with 3 months for free although at an unknown rate.
    Interesting, I assumed it would be a 36month agreement with no payments for first 3 months. It would have to be a reduced rate if it's over 33 months then.

Advertisement